Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/14/2007 2:44:11 PM EST
Thinking of ordering one of these Mauser kits in .45acp
linky
any input would be appreciated! thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 4:16:39 PM EST
Not C&R. Neat, tho. Suppress it, and you'd have something like a DeLisle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 6:30:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 3:42:13 AM EST
Matthew, I'm curious, What's a Delisle? Thanks

Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 5:21:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By n8pgp:
Thinking of ordering one of these Mauser kits in .45acp
linky
any input would be appreciated! thanks
Yep, built one using a small ring mauser receiver. Shoots reasonably well at 50 yards. Only problem I had with it was the mauser's feed ramp was not compatable with the conversion, in which case I had to load the rounds one at a time. I dont know if this was a small ring issue or just my receiver. Any way I am working on a removable feed ramp to compensate for the problem. It is still a worthwhile project to go forward with.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 6:38:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By KnightofTheOldeCode:

New Production
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 6:51:47 PM EST
Built one on a Turk, (large ring, small thread) and put it in a carbolite stock. Next step is a suppressor for it.

It is what it is, a .45acp carbine that uses 1911 magazines.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 9:01:18 PM EST
Misfit, is it accurate at all? I want to build it for a camp gun. I have the base
rifle (m-48 with a bad barrel). was looking for a Marlin camp .45 but WOW!
the price is steep. only need it to be accurate to 50-75 yds.
thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 2:59:52 AM EST
I want to get one of theses also look like fun
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 3:22:12 AM EST
My brother and I are in the process of converting a small ring (95) Mauser into a .45 Winchester Magnum. We are also planning to shorten the action as well. One thing that we may want to do, if it is legal after de-milling the receiver into four pieces, is to register it as an SBR. A 14" carbine in .45 Winchester Mag, (will also shoot 45ACP since headspacing will actually be accomplished by the extractor) seems to be just about right. If we have to, a 16 inch bbl on the shortened action would still be quite handy.

Dave.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 3:52:23 AM EST
I built one several years ago when Rhineland first came out with them. Love that little gun. I used a M48 action, have had no problems with the feed ramp. I modified their extractor so it fit inside the gun and bolt rather than around the outside. I set it up in a scout config, drilled an tapped the barrel for the scope mount and used a 2.5x8 leupy pistol scope. Quite accurate with Winchester ammo, I've used it several times to hunt groundhogs out to 100 yards. I get 1/2 to 3/4" groups at 50 yards, depends on the ammo and my shooting abilities that day, but mostly stays around the 1/2" range.
At some point I want to build another on the Win mag.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 9:38:02 AM EST
That is almost exactly what I wanna do.
I want a red dot sight to go on it.
I also want to re-do the "m-48" marking to "m-45"
Imagine the looks you would get at the renge if you stick
one of those cheap 50 rd drums on it!
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 1:41:20 PM EST
There is a pic of my first version on Rhinelands site under gunsmiths. I have since changed the stock to a lightweight thumbhole and put the before mentioned pistol scope on it. I also jeweled the action and barrel for giggles.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:44:33 PM EST
Accuracy is good, not as good as my Rock River Wadcutter gun, but acceptable. At least as accurate as a camp carbine.

Started with a $39 Turk mauser with a cracked stock so for the money I'm happy with the results.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:12:36 PM EST
Nice rifle Dr06, I think I will build one, I have a Yugo M-48 with a trashed/rusted
barrel for the build. Just waiting on the firing pin I ordered.
I have a few interesting ideas about iron sights...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:28:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By KnightofTheOldeCode:

The DeLisle was something the Brits cooked up in WWII. Essentially a No 4 Lee Enfield chambered in 45 ACP with a suppressor on it. Commando weapon.
Top Top