Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2004 6:23:55 AM EDT

I picked up some Eagle mags and went to the range yesterday.

Everyone of them would not feed correctly. They all failed to raise the round high enough.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a very old eagle 30rd for my 10/22 and it always did fine. My ramline 30rd doublestack mag is the one that always jammed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had good luck with the Eagle mags, but only with the regular 40grn round nose or ~38grn hollowpoint .22lr ammo.  The truncuatd cone hyper velocity ammo isn't 100% in functioning.
Just don't leave the Eagle mags loaded.  I've had a couple spontaniously spew ammo all over when the feed lips crapped out from being loaded full time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
 I have four 10 rounders, they all do fine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Garbage get Butler Creek
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a set of Eagle 30 round magazines that I picked up about 15 years ago. I think they're extremely reliable.

BTW, in the late '80s-early '90s, I worked for a big nationwide department store that sold them.  When they first came out they had some serious design flaws and a lot of them came back as defective.  Then Eagle redesigned them and they worked MUCH better.  We hardly had any returns after that and exchanged the early ones free of charge.  You can easily distinguish the early ones because they have a plastic retaining pin.  The later ones utilize a steel insert.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the 10 round clips you see all over ebay. they work o.k. for a while. but this is south alabama, and when it gets HOT in the summer, the glue holding the shell halfs of the clips together melts and they fall apart.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I found that if I exert  just a little forward pressure on the bottom of the mag it will feed fairly reliably.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#9]

After a couple of range sessions they seem to have broken in nicely
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top