Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2002 9:15:24 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has camo'ed their AR and if so do ya have a picture of it?

I was at a few sites today and they look really really nice.  

Hopefully by the end of summer I will have enough saved to buy myself my first AR!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Do a search on the website for "camoflage" and "bowflage."  There are plenty of discussions around this.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Uglygun has lots of pics of his bowflaged guns.

Camo tape works well also.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a camouflaged Stock set and love it.  The whole Weapon well Black is just to beautiful to do that to.

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Here are websites to try (if you haven't already).

www.robarguns.com

www.nouglyguns.com

www.lauercustomweaponry.com

and there is a guy at battlerifles.com (sixTgunner) who does camo work on M1A stocks who does some nice work.  He has pics posted of his work at www.battlerifles.com

Robar, in my opinion, has the best, smoothest, most durable camo finish available.  They will do your entire AR with NP3 interrnals for $450 (yes, it is expensive and it usually takes about six weeks).  You have your choice of mil-camo finishes.  They currently have a 20 percent off sale, so you can get your AR done for 360 dollars.  I have a robar'ed AR and it is very nice.  Sorry, I don't have a digital camera and I don't know how to post pics.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bought a camouflaged Stock set and love it.  The whole Weapon well Black is just to beautiful to do that to.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/1a6e7d0/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/ea3.jpg?bcEASX9ANJSmF_lr

Where did you get that camo stock set?  How much?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have a pic, but I camoflagued mine with bowflage. If you've seen the pics from Afghanistan of M16s in desert brown/tan, that's what mine looks like. Mine has the RAS, the pinned collapsible stock, AIMPoint, etc. It is actually cooler on the hands here in the AZ desert too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
www.customcamo.8k.com/picpage1.html

Bottom of the page. Uses Automotive paints. Less than $100. I like!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Bowflage.  It's been on for about 9 months, so it's wearing off in spots, but still looks pretty good despite all the use.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top