Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

could you please give a link to the clear amber filter?
View Quote

I'll IM you the info.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/knights-armament-company-kvc-m-clip-shoe-set-111791-rqe/

can anybody verify if this is the kclip required?it has the same part number as the kclip on the knights site,however it says it is a kvc m clip?

https://www.knightarmco.com/16548/shop/knight-vision/kv-weapon-mounted-multi-purpose-monoculars/accessories-kv/k-clip-shoe-set
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://www.koshersurplus.com/product/knights-armament-company-kvc-m-clip-shoe-set-111791-rqe/

can anybody verify if this is the kclip required?it has the same part number as the kclip on the knights site,however it says it is a kvc m clip?

https://www.knightarmco.com/16548/shop/knight-vision/kv-weapon-mounted-multi-purpose-monoculars/accessories-kv/k-clip-shoe-set
View Quote

I'm pretty new to the KVC bridge & accessories so no KVC expert. The P/N & pics are the same and Kosher's pics are identical to the K clips I have that work with my Breach so I think you're good.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
anybody have a line on the RQE OSS Shoe set?

that is the gate for me to complete...
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You are basically doing what I would like to do OP.

I just received back in September my first PVS14.  I am running a MOD Armory D-14 Dual PVS Mounting System, which is cool for running one PVS14.

I have no experience yet though with the D-14 running both FLIR and PVS14.  If you get the D-14 please let us know what you think of your set-up.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's surprisingly easy to move around in the bridged combo imo. squint technique or overlay. I have walked a lot of miles under a helmet mounted thermal monocular in the past. It's totally doable but it isn't the easiest, and it's tiring.
I'm lucky enough that I actually get an overlaid image with my bridged 14/mh25 setup though a lot of the internet posts say you can't.
Even when I knocked my bridge out of alignment while trying to eliminate some adjustment slop the squint technique was considerably easier than patrolling with a mounted thermal monocular.

For spotting game or threats in the dark there isn't a civilian available equal to the bridged thermal/14.

View Quote

I got mine to overlay as well. I swapped the 14 from my right eye (dominant) to my left eye. I also have to move the magnification from 1x to 1.2-1.3x on the mh25 for it to be perfect....or close enough that I can’t tell. It really is a game changer. Our night hunting season starts next week. Cant wait to get after some coyotes with this set up.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just received back in September my first PVS14.  I am running a MOD Armory D-14 Dual PVS Mounting System, which is cool for running one PVS14.

I have no experience yet though with the D-14 running both FLIR and PVS14.  If you get the D-14 please let us know what you think of your set-up.  Thanks.
View Quote

He said he got the KAC bridge in a post back on page 1.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I got mine to overlay as well. I swapped the 14 from my right eye (dominant) to my left eye. I also have to move the magnification from 1x to 1.2-1.3x on the mh25 for it to be perfect....or close enough that I can’t tell. It really is a game changer. Our night hunting season starts next week. Cant wait to get after some coyotes with this set up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's surprisingly easy to move around in the bridged combo imo. squint technique or overlay. I have walked a lot of miles under a helmet mounted thermal monocular in the past. It's totally doable but it isn't the easiest, and it's tiring.
I'm lucky enough that I actually get an overlaid image with my bridged 14/mh25 setup though a lot of the internet posts say you can't.
Even when I knocked my bridge out of alignment while trying to eliminate some adjustment slop the squint technique was considerably easier than patrolling with a mounted thermal monocular.

For spotting game or threats in the dark there isn't a civilian available equal to the bridged thermal/14.

NICE. Give em hell. I finally locked all my tiny set screws in place on that bridge so the adjustment can't be moved. It doesn't need to be now that it's dialed in perfect for the guy who paid for it. Anyone who test drives mine from here on out can suck it and just take our word that it works
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 2:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mentioned it a little on page 1. I'm running a Breach & -14 and have both the KVC and D-14 (QD version gen 2).

With the D-14 I'm using the Breach dovetail adapter which is very similar to the KVC K clip except it's reversible so you only need one whereas with KVC you buy a pair (for left & right). It doesn't work very good or at least for me it doesn't. I can't get the Breach & -14 lined up on each eye together. I have to pick which one I want lined up with my eye(s) and mess with my helmet in addition to the bridge/arms.

With the KVC because it has IPD adjustment I can get both devices lined up like they should be. The Mod Armory/IC dedicated Breach arm might be better. I was going to get it to try it out but I decided to pass because I want QD to quickly go back & forth between dual -14's and -14/Breach. I'd start with the dedicated arm vs the dovetail adapter.

ETA: I should add some clarification as to why IPD adjustment is so important with this setup and it's something that can be important with NV goggles depending on the person (face & eye spacing and personal pet peeves).

With the D-14 bridge you can only bring the arms so far in before the dovetail interfaces or devices touch. If the Breach's screen is not lined up to your eye you can try one of the other rail sections on the Breach and/or reverse the dovetail but ultimately you're working with fixed measurements. If your eye(s) fall within range then sweet. If they don't, which mine do not, well then it's suboptimal.

The KVC was IPD adjustment (not IPD stops/locks - that's something entirely different) that is similar to fixed bridge goggles. When the devices/monoculars are lowered into the deployed position they are on the same plane and you can rotate the knobs to move each side left/right. So, no matter your face shape / eye spacing you can get the devices lined up with your eyes, and the Breach's screen will be level in landscape/portrait whichever way you decide to mount it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Over on snipershide some of the bigwigs were strongly recommending the D-14 to parallel a pvs14 and an IR patrol.  I am hoping to go this route, partly because the mount is notably less expensive.  Now that you mentioned it,  I am worried about the limited adjustment. I wish it was easier to try everything before you buy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm pretty new to the KVC bridge & accessories so no KVC expert. The P/N & pics are the same and Kosher's pics are identical to the K clips I have that work with my Breach so I think you're good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

anybody else perhaps that is familiar the knights parts?
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Over on snipershide some of the bigwigs were strongly recommending the D-14 to parallel a pvs14 and an IR patrol.  I am hoping to go this route, partly because the mount is notably less expensive.  Now that you mentioned it,  I am worried about the limited adjustment. I wish it was easier to try everything before you buy.
View Quote

The KVC is the safer but more expensive bet because it offers more adjustability. The D-14 could or could not work for you and unfortunately there’s only one way to find out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M Clip was the version before the K Clip.  It will still work.  Apparently the K clip is supposed to work a little better on the breach.  I ordered something I was told were K Clips but I got M Clips.  I didn't feel like fucking around/paying more so I just used the M's and it seems to work fine with my breach.

ETA: That is the higher price for the K Clips.  The M Clips were $159 I think.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I mentioned it a little on page 1. I'm running a Breach & -14 and have both the KVC and D-14 (QD version gen 2).

With the D-14 I'm using the Breach dovetail adapter which is very similar to the KVC K clip except it's reversible so you only need one whereas with KVC you buy a pair (for left & right). It doesn't work very good or at least for me it doesn't. I can't get the Breach & -14 lined up on each eye together. I have to pick which one I want lined up with my eye(s) and mess with my helmet in addition to the bridge/arms.

With the KVC because it has IPD adjustment I can get both devices lined up like they should be. The Mod Armory/IC dedicated Breach arm might be better. I was going to get it to try it out but I decided to pass because I want QD to quickly go back & forth between dual -14's and -14/Breach. I'd start with the dedicated arm vs the dovetail adapter.

ETA: I should add some clarification as to why IPD adjustment is so important with this setup and it's something that can be important with NV goggles depending on the person (face & eye spacing and personal pet peeves).

With the D-14 bridge you can only bring the arms so far in before the dovetail interfaces or devices touch. If the Breach's screen is not lined up to your eye you can try one of the other rail sections on the Breach and/or reverse the dovetail but ultimately you're working with fixed measurements. If your eye(s) fall within range then sweet. If they don't, which mine do not, well then it's suboptimal.

The KVC was IPD adjustment (not IPD stops/locks - that's something entirely different) that is similar to fixed bridge goggles. When the devices/monoculars are lowered into the deployed position they are on the same plane and you can rotate the knobs to move each side left/right. So, no matter your face shape / eye spacing you can get the devices lined up with your eyes, and the Breach's screen will be level in landscape/portrait whichever way you decide to mount it.
View Quote

Well, that's not good news. I hope I haven't wasted money on the Mod Armory D-14, it wasn't cheap and I purchased it to run duals or a Breach & PVS14 combo.  

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, that's not good news. I hope I haven't wasted money on the Mod Armory D-14, it wasn't cheap and I purchased it to run duals or a Breach & PVS14 combo.  

View Quote

The Mod Armory dedicated Breach arm has more adjustment. It's not too expensive at $150 to give it a try. Most of the guys running the D-14 w/ Breach are using it. My experience was with the dovetail adapter.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, got K-clips and OSS mount.  Waiting for them to come in stock and  ship.

Also, as soon as I get the 136 in hand I’ll order the battery extension (don’t know if it’s course or fine thread).

Robert, is JRH selling the breach with fine or course threads?

@lowdown3
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok, got K-clips and OSS mount.  Waiting for them to come in stock and  ship.

Also, as soon as I get the 136 in hand I’ll order the battery extension (don’t know if it’s course or fine thread).

Robert, is JRH selling the breach with fine or course threads?

@lowdown3
View Quote

Bump, curious...want to get a jump on ordering the battery extension

@lowdown3
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
anybody have a line on the RQE OSS Shoe set?

that is the gate for me to complete...
View Quote

me to!..need this part!
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm dieing to get this oss part to complete the bridge!..anybody happen to have 1 they would part with?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Please educate a newbie to this.  Do you guys that are running these dual setups use both at the same time, or just use one at a time?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Please educate a newbie to this.  Do you guys that are running these dual setups use both at the same time, or just use one at a time?
View Quote
One at a time, close one eye or the other

Some guys have fiddled with the amber PVS14 filter and then changed the Breach to the Sepia color scheme, which kind of gives a fusion look
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#23]
I use both eyes open.  I do have the Wilcox amber filter on my PVS14.  If you go with the rqe mount, you can always flip one up, but I’ve never had to do that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It depends on the person and the thermal being used. I’m using a Breach & -14. Using them together I see the thermal overlaid on the NV image but they are not fused.

I see double vision and it gives me a headache sometimes. It still works but I don’t have a good image of either device and the thermal interferes with my NV eye when I’m moving/navigating. So I mainly use them independently. I’m fairly new to the setup however.

Some guys can achieve a fused image but I haven’t heard of many doing so with the Breach. It seems guys using 640 thermals have better results. It’s been said that a thermal with a PVS-14 eyepiece can be “collimated” for better results.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone running a green pvs14 with their thermal on a bridge? Or is everyone running WP pvs14?
I’m hoping green with a thermal still looks good and is effective
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone running a green pvs14 with their thermal on a bridge? Or is everyone running WP pvs14?
I’m hoping green with a thermal still looks good and is effective
View Quote

Me.  And yes it is effective.  I do have the amber Wilcox on my PVS14.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Me.  And yes it is effective.  I do have the amber Wilcox on my PVS14.
View Quote

What benefits does the amber have?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone running a green pvs14 with their thermal
View Quote

Been done both ways, I don't think the color matters.

The Breach is very hard to line up with a 14. You'll get a double image.

Some folks like the fusion. I've found it's hard to make it work and just isn't useful even when it does work. If possible try before buy or at least don't get your hopes up over fusion.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Been done both ways, I don't think the color matters.

The Breach is very hard to line up with a 14. You'll get a double image.

Some folks like the fusion. I've found it's hard to make it work and just isn't useful even when it does work. If possible try before buy or at least don't get your hopes up over fusion.
View Quote

What about the mh25 iray?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't know, rumor is that it fuses better than the Breach.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't know, rumor is that it fuses better than the Breach.
View Quote

How do you get the two to actually “fuse”?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The PVS-14 eyepiece like I mentioned above is supposed to help. I never used an MH25 so can’t say if the OE eyepiece results in the same results as the Breach.

@westernhaikus1 has said the -14 eyepiece makes a big difference because you can collimate.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think 'fusing' isn't really the right terminology but it gets used because it is familiar (and I'm guilty of using it too because its an easy word to understand).

The correct way to think of fusing an image with both your eyes is that the eyes gather data from two sources and fuse it into a single source that your brain 'accesses' as one image (I'm sure this is not a scientifically kosher description)

How hybrid setups work is that your eyes gather data from two sources of information and then you queue your brain to access each set of different information separately but with the ability to instantaneously switch back and forth. I don't think they ever really fuse together in the same way dual NV does - you're adjusting the gain and brightness, collimation of the two devices, color palettes, etc, so that you can have the two images sitting in front of your eyeballs without driving you crazy or causing serious vision issues.

This is how I have experienced it and have gotten relatively proficient using it even for stuff like moving and shooting drills on the range.

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I was able to finally get the Breach and -14 to work together pretty well. I used them for several hours last night with breaks in between to see if it was repeatable and it was. At least for me, both devices need to be as close to center as possible.  

KVC bridge with OSS set and both K clips.
PVS-14 on dominant eye. Thin filmed GP with no amber filter.
Right eye K-clip (offset the device inward) on the rail that puts the buttons facing inward towards the -14 with screen in portrait layout. IPD was maxed out inwards.
Right eye OSS shoe because the -14 is on my right eye. IPD maxed out inwards.
Devices were very close to my eyes.
Outdoor alert or black hot (outdoor alert is the best. Surprisingly, sepia didn't work as well, even with an amber filter.  
Breach brightness on lowest setting.

I still had some double vision but it was minor and nowhere as bad as before. I was able to get the best overlay I've had yet at infinity focus distances. It worked awesome!

Here's what it looks like
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#35]
After closing in on a couple hundred hours field time using the MH25 in a dual band configuration with a -14 on a KVC bridge I can say it's the Official Unofficial King Shit of the civilian night prowling world.

I leave PiP setting on constantly & rotate the switch for increased usable magnification without mounting a gun. I'm seeing tons more animals that those scanning with rifles or handheld etc. So much more that I'm going to have to figure out how to run a DVR off the MH25 & show some of them what is going on outside of their view & we can figure out how we can bump out of those rookie kill numbers for the night, especially on pressured animals. The image may not "fuse" but it straight up overlays well enough that I can roll around several hours a night & not get cross-eyed, need breaks, or have headaches after several hours of use. I don't have a magic brain that works better than anyone else's. I just took the pocket hit buying the right pieces & then spent time to adjust my kit to make it work it's best.

The only down side I've found outside of a bank statement after paying for everything is that the OSS & my gorilla hands were hard on the roll pin on my -14 objective lock ring. At some point chasing pigs last weekend I sheered that roll pin rotating the -14 up & down 100 times in the murder fest one night. Now the ring rotates about an 1/8 of a turn in travel. The -14 doesn't have a square box image so it's not been a problem other than it drives me batty knowing every piece of my kit isn't in perfect working order anymore.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
After closing in on a couple hundred hours field time using the MH25 in a dual band configuration with a -14 on a KVC bridge I can say it's the Official Unofficial King Shit of the civilian night prowling world.

I leave PiP setting on constantly & rotate the switch for increased usable magnification without mounting a gun. I'm seeing tons more animals that those scanning with rifles or handheld etc. So much more that I'm going to have to figure out how to run a DVR off the MH25 & show some of them what is going on outside of their view & we can figure out how we can bump out of those rookie kill numbers for the night, especially on pressured animals. The image may not "fuse" but it straight up overlays well enough that I can roll around several hours a night & not get cross-eyed, need breaks, or have headaches after several hours of use. I don't have a magic brain that works better than anyone else's. I just took the pocket hit buying the right pieces & then spent time to adjust my kit to make it work it's best.

The only down side I've found outside of a bank statement after paying for everything is that the OSS & my gorilla hands were hard on the roll pin on my -14 objective lock ring. At some point chasing pigs last weekend I sheered that roll pin rotating the -14 up & down 100 times in the murder fest one night. Now the ring rotates about an 1/8 of a turn in travel. The -14 doesn't have a square box image so it's not been a problem other than it drives me batty knowing every piece of my kit isn't in perfect working order anymore.
View Quote

Good info. I'll have to look out for that.

I don't have the MH25 but I gotta agree that dual band head mount is pretty damn awesome if you can get it setup right. I was close to giving up on it to be honest but now that I got it to work I'm super impressed.

I'd love the MH25 but for a lower budget the Breach is doing pretty damn good. I've found that the Breach in outdoor alert mode at the lowest brightness setting is borderline magical. With the right settings, outdoor alert mode stays in black hot and at the low brightness it's a ghost image with the -14 dominating your focus. But as soon as you get a thermal hit with outdoor alert mode it "pops" kind of in a "fusion like" overlay.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't have the MH25 but I gotta agree that dual band head mount is pretty damn awesome if you can get it setup right. I was close to giving up on it to be honest but now that I got it to work I'm super impressed.

I'd love the MH25 but for a lower budget the Breach is doing pretty damn good. I've found that the Breach in outdoor alert mode at the lowest brightness setting is borderline magical. With the right settings, outdoor alert mode stays in black hot and at the low brightness it's a ghost image with the -14 dominating your focus. But as soon as you get a thermal hit with outdoor alert mode it "pops" kind of in a "fusion like" overlay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My best dude has the same setup with a Breach. He isn't a slouch picking up targets with it, he just has to use the squint method to change brain channels & sometimes needs a break after a couple hours. You should be plenty well equipped with it IMO. I'd take a bridged breach dual band system over one of the popular tactical COSPLAY pieces cooed over on this site any day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My best dude has the same setup with a Breach. He isn't a slouch picking up targets with it, he just has to use the squint method to change brain channels & sometimes needs a break after a couple hours. You should be plenty well equipped with it IMO. I'd take a bridged breach dual band system over one of the popular tactical COSPLAY pieces cooed over on this site any day.
View Quote

If he's running the KVC gear, have him try what I mentioned above. It's a night and day difference since I did that. When the double vision was really off-set I couldn't use them at the same time. Now, it's no problem whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Anybody got a line on the oss setup?I'm chomping at the bit!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If he's running the KVC gear, have him try what I mentioned above. It's a night and day difference since I did that. When the double vision was really off-set I couldn't use them at the same time. Now, it's no problem whatsoever.
View Quote

I will have to try this.

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Doooo it! Look at my pic above. That’s with the right side K clip. I’ve been able to reliably get a pretty decent fusion even centering the -14 with my eye. That’s what works for me. Getting the Breach as far inward as possible and I could only do it that way.  

Everybody’s different but I have noticed in pics that everybody who says they can’t get them to “fuse” has them spaced further out and in landscape view. That’s how I thought it’d work best but at least for me was a no go.

Also, outdoor alert mode is the only mode IMO. You might have to play with your settings so you’re not getting too many false hits. That’s what makes it really “fuse”. Things just pop immediately and the orange/red overlays superbly.

This is now my favorite set up. Funny because until I fingered this out it was pretty meh and I was pretty much done with it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's funny—I just noticed last night that my objective lens lock ring was rotating exactly the same way.  Mine doesn't use a roll pin to secure, but rather a tiny, tiiiiiny allen screw.  I thought I had every allen key ever made, but apparently there's one cereal box I haven't found the bottom of yet.  I also have the beginning of a broken k-clip.

I'm going to have to figure out how to run a DVR off the MH25 & show some of them what is going on outside of their view

Ignore the mess of cables.  I run this every night with no problems. Recorder is usually in its own pouch but you could take it out to show your buddies.
FPV recording using iRay MH25
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's funny—I just noticed last night that my objective lens lock ring was rotating exactly the same way.  Mine doesn't use a roll pin to secure, but rather a tiny, tiiiiiny allen screw.  I thought I had every allen key ever made, but apparently there's one cereal box I haven't found the bottom of yet.  I also have the beginning of a broken k-clip.

Ignore the mess of cables.  I run this every night with no problems. Recorder is usually in its own pouch but you could take it out to show your buddies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Luj-PBasNs
View Quote

What’s your take on the iray? Seems like you’ve had it a while now
@thiswildadventure
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Love it. Picturing someone behind you getting distracted by the TV and just standing there watching the thermal  ??
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to have to figure out how to run a DVR off the MH25 & show some of them what is going on outside of their view

FANTASTIC! exact DVR I'm looking to connect to it. Could you let me know where you got the cable? In a wet dream I'd like to run remote battery & DVR but I'm pretty sure that isn't a possibility unless I take up my 130th hobby of cord making.

Mine appeared to be a roll pin even though that makes no sense to my brain. I'm going to dig it out now & verify it wasn't just a stripped tiny allen.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

FANTASTIC! exact DVR I'm looking to connect to it. Could you let me know where you got the cable? In a wet dream I'd like to run remote battery & DVR but I'm pretty sure that isn't a possibility unless I take up my 130th hobby of cord making.

Mine appeared to be a roll pin even though that makes no sense to my brain. I'm going to dig it out now & verify it wasn't just a stripped tiny allen.
View Quote
This would be great, with two DVR's we have a 50/50 shot of you remembering to turn one on so we have video of our activities and nobody thinks we are making numbers up like a bunch of Louisiana hunters......
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I modified an existing cable I already had.  Don't splooge on me but I am running external power to the iRay and FPV video to the DVR using the same cable and connection.

Helmet Mounted Thermal Walkaround / iRay MH25 + PVS-14
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#48]
[pants tightening begins]

So you're sayin it's possible? lol
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

Still waiting on my 136 from Robert and the mounts. Good information being posted up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Well this is pretty cool.  I originally ordered a Breach and a RQE to helmet mount with my -14, thinking I'd at least have "poorman's" dual spectrum, even if it was just one eye at a time.  Now I have some hope about having some sort of overlay.  Props to will-1/nitewalker here.  Bunch of folks said dis don't work, but you sorta blew through that.    

Also a shout out to JRH for hooking me up with a Breach.  Will be pestering him soon for the battery housing extension.  

And also to TNVC for the RQE, which will be here some time soon, he said hopefully.

I wuz beginning to think I shoulda got another -14 instead, but now I'm glad I went this route.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top