Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2013 3:25:35 PM EDT
Thinking of buying a garand  from him as his prices seem resonable. yea I know Cmp is the best deal but I dont want to join a range ect. Anybody have any opinions?? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 4:05:20 PM EDT
Best I can do is that I had him re-barrel and park my CMP M1 and he did a fantastic job
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:50:45 PM EDT
I know they're completely rebuilt, but the prices seem high.  Or at least pre-panic high - I don't know what an M1 at a Gun show is going for now.  CMP has generally kept those prices roughly in line.

You don't have a CCW? That and $25 to the GCA...

The BM59's are really nice, though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:19:41 AM EDT
Prices are extremely high. I wouldnt pay that much.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:23:57 AM EDT
he is high, but it is a heck of a rifle. I would not buy one unless it was his match grade in 308, if he still offers that one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:39:32 PM EDT
Most of his prices are not that high.  Even the CMP sells their refurbished SPECIALS for $1000 and you have to wait weeks for them to process your order.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:19:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Colorobo:
Thinking of buying a garand  from him as his prices seem resonable. yea I know Cmp is the best deal but I dont want to join a range ect. Anybody have any opinions?? Thanks

Last time I checked, a signed letter from ANY range officer saying you shot was enough to qualify for a rifle.  You don't need to join a range.  25 dollars to the garand collectors association gets you a nice rifle from the CMP along with several issues of their garand publication.

I would jump through the hoops and go this route.  Take the extra money you would have spent on the grand guy's rifle and buy ammo!
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:30:04 AM EDT
Review the membership requirements you may already qualify;  VFW, AL, and mil components qualify, the GCA and lots of state and local clubs are on their list.  

The GCA puts out a nice magazine FWIW.  There is another club that is pretty much just a M1 shooters asssociation, no magazine for like 15 bucks that is an associated club.  

I would buy from CMP myself.  i've bought parts from Tony and they were mostly ok, the ones that weren't he replaced without any grief.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 2:09:46 PM EDT
The Garand Guy can go fuck himself!  I called him two years ago looking for some parts and he acted like he could not be bothered with me because i was not looking to buy one of his overpriced rifles. Every part i inquired about he gave me the same response, ''i dont know i have to look''. After hearing that about six times i asked him if he could take a look at his inventory and see if he has the parts that i needed and that he could get back with me later. His response was '' i dont know if i will have the time to do that, besides i dont think i have those parts in stock''   Fuck you Garand Guy you rude Mother Fucker!!!
Top Top