Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 2:51:50 PM EDT
I've been tossing around the idea of making my own gear, I'm thinking of a RACK type system made out of either olive drab or coyote brown with a "hide-away" fastex buckle for a drop leg holster or leg ammo pouches.

My other ideas were some hidden map or MRE pockes behind the MOLLE panel (behind the M4 pouches).

So far, pouch wise, I'm thinking 4 M4 mag pouches holding 2 mags each, one 1qt canteen pouch based on the WWII Russian style and a utlity pouch the same size as a 200Rd SAW pouch but with an internal divider. maybe a GPS/Compass/Grenade pouch and a few velcro loops to route PRC hadsets or Camelback tubes.

What do you guys think, any input?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I just started making my own stuff.  In fact today I made this.  Its a 5 pocket bandolier that holds 200rounds on stripper clips in marpat print.  Its the same material that BDU's are made of and with a strap that slings are made of.  Very heavy material.  Ive got more material to work with so I might venture out and try something else.  What the hell right if it does not work then I burn it.  Still had fun trying!

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't made anything yet, but I have modified a lot of gear.  Moving straps, adding straps, making new straps, adding velcro etc.

You might already know this, but if you don't you are going to piss your pants.  CQB solutions sells raw materials for making your own gear.  Check it out:

www.cqbsolutions.com/raw_materials.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top