Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 2:10:31 PM EDT
I was wonder if anyone here has ever cut down a USC 45.  If you have please respond w/pics

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out HKPro.com...  There are a good number of pics where people converted their USC to UMP by cutting the barrel...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Like Spooky says, check out HKPRO. I was fortunate enough to get ahold of a couple of real UMP barrels for my conversion, but many folks are just having their USC barrels chopped. Here is a pic of my UMP conversion, done by Tactical Excellence. A few friends decided to get in the pic with it:

Thanks,
James

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I did. Mine has the Shockwave Weapons flange on it which functions just like a normal UMP barrel.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice guns.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
alright I have to ask. How much did it set you back? If I got a USC I wouldnt really have to SBR it. id just need the Hicaps
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Once you have a USC, you have three choices on doing the UMP mag conversion: Tactical Excellence, Top Notch or HDPS. Depending on who you go with, you may or may not have to find the conversion parts on your own. Don't worry, you'll pay for them either way you go. Expect to spend at least $1000 no matter who you choose to do the work. If you don't SBR it, you will need some US made parts to stay in compliance with 922(r). HDPS and Top Notch supply these as part of their build package, TE is still working on perfecting his US parts.

Of the three, I went with TE, and couldn't be happier. Fortunately, you'll be in good hands no matter which one you pick. I have yet to hear a single complaint about any of the three from folks who have had this conversion done.

Thanks,
James
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Once you have a USC, you have three choices on doing the UMP mag conversion: Tactical Excellence, Top Notch or HDPS. Depending on who you go with, you may or may not have to find the conversion parts on your own. Don't worry, you'll pay for them either way you go. Expect to spend at least $1000 no matter who you choose to do the work. If you don't SBR it, you will need some US made parts to stay in compliance with 922(r). HDPS and Top Notch supply these as part of their build package, TE is still working on perfecting his US parts.

Of the three, I went with TE, and couldn't be happier. Fortunately, you'll be in good hands no matter which one you pick. I have yet to hear a single complaint about any of the three from folks who have had this conversion done.

Thanks,
James

Okay. With the $200 tax for SBRs would it be cheaper to get the american parts or SBR it? I wonder if the SL8-G36 costs the same.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#10]
This thread couldn't have come along at a better time!

Buwahahahahaha....  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
James

Okay. With the $200 tax for SBRs would it be cheaper to get the american parts or SBR it? I wonder if the SL8-G36 costs the same.

A lot of non-SBR conversions get some of their parts counts from magazine components - followers and floorplates.  I guess you could save a bunch or spend a lot on a conversion depending on how many magazines you get.  I like to have a fairly large number of mags so this is an expensive proposition when you can spend $20-$40 per mag on conversion parts - not to mention a starting price of $55 or so per mag.  

Right now there aren't a lot of American parts to go around.  I know TE was working on some trigger components but their aluminum parts were causing excessive wear on the HK polymer parts so they are looking into another route.

Another thing some folks worry about is authenticity - some guys want as many HK original parts as possible on their guns...  By going the SBR route you only have one piece - the mystical transition piece from your company of choice...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
James

Not sure exactly how much the US parts run, but like Spooky says if you use replacement mag parts then it can get expensive if you want multiple mags. I currently have 10 .40 and 5 .45 mags, so I saved a bunch of money doing it as an SBR. If you live in a free state, I'd go the SBR route. Then 922(r) doesn't matter. My gun has one non-factory part, which is the transition block for the stock, aka the "magic part". Everything else is factory, and I don't have to worry about it.

Thanks,
James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top