Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2002 7:24:33 AM EDT
My dealer just got 8 of these in, and is down to four of them.  I need to decide to get one, or not before he sells them all!  I don't have the money, but I can always swing the deal on future sales of other weapons.  This is a *wife* deal I made!

I'm trying to decide, and would like the opinions of anybody who's been able to handle, shoot, or buy one!
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Big Guns, Get it! Don't look back. My buddy who is a Gunny and runs the Marine Corps range in Hawaii had them in for testing and he said they are the best shotgun the Corps has ever had. If I had the money I would get one but if you can swing it then do it. There aren't many out now so it has that going for it too. How much is your dealer asking for it? The prices I saw else where was around $1600.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked myself in to waiting 2 years for one, and I swore I would be the first guy to own one, but....

In 2 years when the AWB expires, that gun should  still be available.  You should then be able to buy it with high a high cap tube and even the adjustable stock.  I am guessing it would be under 1k to buy it.  Current gun is more than that, due to limited edition run.  Why not buy a used M1 for now, then trade on an M4 when price drops?

Of course, the M4 you buy now will be able to have any and all evil features added to it later and you will have it NOW!  

If you lived closer to me so I could come and shoot it, I would say but it today.  As I think about this more, I say buy it and give me a report on how it shoots.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I went and fondled it today.  I was not impressed enough to buy one yet!  I do not like the stock that does not actually work, and the fill-in for the extended magazine was another turn-off!  However, I am debating whether I can add parts to get what I want, either collapsible stock, or straight stock, and extended magazine, and still have my money's worth.????!!!!

I have a pre-ban M1S90 now, and I like the M4, but is the little flag worth 1500.00-1800.00, including parts to make it right?  Tough call, and I don't want one to sit around not getting shot either.

I'd like to able to choose between pistol grip stock, or extended magazine with straight stock, if I had to.  Of course with the design, you could always put a 14" barrel on one, too!

I'm sure I'll go back and play some more before I decide, but it is a nice shotgun design.  I just want an unneutered one!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How much is your dealer asking for it? The prices I saw else where was around $1600.

He's selling them for around $1600.00, but I do a lot of business with him, and can get him to sell one to me for about 1500.00 +/-

How many 870's is that!?!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't shot the 4S90, but have shot the M1014, not really worth the extra money over a M1S90.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Haven't shot the 4S90, but have shot the M1014, not really worth the extra money over a M1S90.

Yes, that was my thoughts on it.  The rail is nice, but the $$$$ for the way they set it up is too hefty for me.  One can buy two M1S90 pre-bans for the price!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#7]
$1500 for a shotgun with plastic furniture and a matt finish?  Do you really think its going to toss buckshot down range any better than the $300 870?

Aside from the coolness factor I just don't get it.

Pass.

Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Good post and just in time. My dealer has a couple of them coming in soon and I also was wondering if it is a must have gun.

A couple of interesting points here have convinced me to wait a while before getting one of these.

Just as a side note my dealer was quoting a price of under $1400 for one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a few thoughts,

It does have the "cool" USMC factor going for it.

The fact that the stock doesn't collapse is moot(yet AW ban frustrating) because besides storage, the gun has no function with the stock collpased. You can shoot it in the collapsed position, but it doesn't shoudler right and your eye is on top of the sights. Nor is it adjustable for positions between fully extended and closed, which seems stupid to me. I'm a lefty, but one of the marines in my unit noted that sometimes when he fired it his cheek would hit the release for the stock, partially collapsing it.

It's cool looking, but I'll waste my $$$ elsewhere.

Sherm

Link Posted: 12/4/2002 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#10]
YES!!!!!!

i just brought mine home tonight. also had them throw a bushnell holographic sight on it for me. (they didn't have any trijicon reflex sights - USMC has them all.)

haven't fired it yet. i hope to friday at the local range.

i hear what everyone's saying about the price. it's definitely steep. but i couldn't help myself. i figure, hell, it's cool, it's limited edition, it'll hold its value for a long time, and i ain't getting any younger. life's too short. HAVE FUN NOW!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#12]
thanks wave. i appreciate the support. will definitely let you guys know how this thing shoots.

the one i picked up appears to be #321 of 2,500. a relatively low number, kinda cool.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Is this series of posts reference the Benelli M4?  I've had my eye on them and have been wanting one of these for several months but have been waiting to hear what others have to say about its overall quality and how it shoots.

Alaska_AR-15
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#14]
For the looking...

www.benelliusa.com/m4_super90/
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#15]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay, I'm ready to order an M4 but need some help as the gun dealer in WA I'm going to order from is not familiar with the weapon as it's new to the market.  Took him a week to get around to calling and obtaining a price quote to give me. Quote is $1,299.00 plus shipping to me in Alaska.   Plus the FFL receiver on my end. Say $15.00.

Now for my questions for those who have received an M4.  What does the weapon come with as a stock stock.  Pistol grip, non collapsible collapsible, standard black plastic stock?  What options are available non military/LE?

What options are available sights, chokes, increased clip tube etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help with these questions.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
...Now for my questions for those who have received an M4.  What does the weapon come with as a stock stock? What options are available non military/LE?

What options are available sights, chokes, increased clip tube etc.?

The std. config. for the M4 "Commemorative", as it has been tagged, is a non-collapsible version of the PG stock on the mil-version (essentially a "skeletonized" PG stock) and a 4-shot feed tube w/ an extended end cap to make it look like the full 7-shot tube on the mil-version. I think the stocks from the M1-3 series can be retrofited onto it, but I don't know about chokes, feed tube extensions, or sight options. Sorry.

I've heard that Benelli is considering a version that will be equipped w/ a straight stock (no PG) & full 7-shot tube for non-"Commemorative" models later on, but nothing is firm. This is the one I'm waiting for, as I'm not interested in the current offering.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Master Blaster.  Dealer I do business with in WA got an M4 in and it's now on the way to me in Alaska.  Guess I'll just take it the way it comes from the factory and deal with any short comings once I get a chance to become familiar with the weapon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I have two M1014/M4's, numbers 0420 and 0437.  Both guns have exceeded my expectations and experience.  My previous combat shotguns were a H&K Fabarm FP6 (with mag extension), Mossberg 590 (Marine Corps conformation) with ghost ring sights, and a fully tricked-out Remington 870.  Of them all, the Benelli M1014/M4, even in the Commemorative, excells...  Under a hundred and twenty-five yards, these beauties are the first for me to grab.  Meprolight 21 Reflex sights and Meprolight Tritium night sights grace them, so the night won't belong to the Bad Guys any more...  If I sound like a fanatic about these shotguns, I am.  I've never had a sweeter piece of engineering so perfectly fit me...  I'm a GLOCK and Armalite fan, but now a Benelli M1014/M4 afficianado...  Finally, at 53, I'm satisfied with what I have...
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up mine today from the local dealer who did the FFL transfer from the dealer in WA.  I got # 739.  Very nice looking piece of hardware.  Can't wait to go shoot it but the damn work thing, though it does help pay for these expenditures, it does take it's toll in good shooting time.    Perhaps on my next weekend, middle of next week.    

Shame about the stocks being disabled so they are non colapsable.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#21]
M4....
Friday night I went to the range and I brought my M1 Tactical and my buddy brought his kitted out Moss 500.  I honestly have to say that in the past he has shown much more knowlage then I when it comes to gun's.  Well, he may have more experience (M/LE) around gun's but I've been around race motor's all my life and it doesn't take long to figure out that the more shit you throw at something the faster it break's.  He got 3rounds of slug's (only thing we can shot at the range) out of his extended mag before it jam'ed.  Then it jam'ed again, and again, and again.  You couldn't aim the thing, and your not alowed to shot from the hip so you gotta hold it out with this plactic pistol grip and try and take a nice shot.  After about 12/15min. of fussing with that piece of junk.  He had enough.  We where shooting the M1 (w/factory gost rings) at 50yrd's and having 3-4" groupings.  Never had a problem, he unloaded 6 rounds as fast as he could and all where center mass at 30yard's.  When we got in the truck he told me he'd give me $900 for the Benelli.....  He's a friend so I sold it for alittle less.  We drove right to my local shop so I could pick up my new M4.  Haven't been able to shot it yet (SNOW).  But as for the stock.  That can be worked on VERY easily.....!!!  I paid $1,380 for mine less the money I got for the M1.

As a heads-up... there is no choke.  It looks like a Vang Comp take-off.

Is it worth the $$ it cost..?  Sure, use it for a year or two, sell it to some guy who has a $200 piece of junk w/ @ $300 worth of crap put on it and buy what Benelli has new.  You end up spending the $200/300 they did, but you get a REAL weapon, that shoots and shoots and shoots.
IMHO....
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#22]
KB007:

I always love a story with a happy ending. Your M1 gets a new home with a needy sole who owns a Mossberg that jams and you get a new M4. Let us know you're thoughts on your new M4 once you get out to the range.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Near as I could tell, the reciever of the M4 was the virtually the same as the M1 Tactical I own.

In a couple of years we might start seeing replacement parts for the Benelli M4 available on the civilian market. Why not? I've bought GI Remington 870 parts and GI M16A1/A2 and M4 carbine parts at gunshows.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top