Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/19/2002 4:29:09 PM EST
I'm looking to buy another Bushmaster in the next 2-3months - looking at the old posts, it sounds like while Bushmaster's Y-comp/Mini-Y is effective, it's also annoyingly loud. I'd like to hear opinions from people who have the AK brake on their 20in HBARs - Effective? As annoyingly loud as the Y?

Yeah yeah yeah, 20in HBARs don't need a brake...
But sometimes you just have to pull the trigger really fast.

And does anyone know if the A2 flash hiders on Bushmaster's site are legal for post-bans? How effective are they as brakes?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:49:48 AM EST
Anybody?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:26:11 PM EST
My friend at work has a 20" fluted with the AK brake and likes it a lot. I had a mini y comp. on a carbine and hated the damn thing. It would blow the spotting scope sideways on the guys bench sitting next to me. RH
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:58:17 PM EST
The A2 Flash hider is not legal for postban AR15's. The Y and mini Y are loud compared to a naked barrel. Personally I would look at getting one of Kurt's A2 or A3 compensators, they are reported to be quieter han the 'Y's. Or if function is not necessary, the fake FH is a great way to dress up a naked barrel. Check out this link for some options.www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=133218
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:13:00 PM EST
I only have one on my AK Shorty and all I can say is that I love it. Yes it doen't look like an A2 flash suppressor but it cool just the same IMO.
Top Top