Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 1:55:35 PM EDT
I was looking for a pack for day hiking/overnighters/school.  I don't want anything too spendy but would like to have some expansion ability with the pack.  I think I like the Condor.  Anybody have any experience with one or have anything similar I should consider instead?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
bump.  Nobody?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an original condor which i got and literral a week later maxpedition announced the condor II.  The only problem with the condor 1 was the hydration pouch was lacking.  it's fixed in the condor 2.  I want one badly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a good link comparing the Vulture and the Condor. I think it is the original Condor, but check it out. I was leaning toward a Condor, but this made me want the Vulture instead just for the added size (you might want the Condor if you'll be using it for a school pack).

www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307958

What I really want is the Vulture 2, but it isn't out yet. Won't be out for another month...or two. Damn, I want it now. I've need a good pack for something in about a month. Anyway, check out the pics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a condor II and it's OK.  It doesn't really solve all my problems and I think a cheaper pack with more molle pouches would have done more better.  I wish I bought a TAG three day pack ($105ish?) or my RAID pack came in.  The molle on the front of the condor II is not stable enough to carry any sort of load.  On the flip side the Hydration/concealment pouch is rather nice; I keep a CRKT Plan B velcro'd in there.  It did come with a buch of crazy straps allover it, they're all way too long and mostly useless.  I have everything secured now, but it just seems wasteful or inelegant.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I ordered one, so we'll see how it works out.  Thanks for the input, fellas.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top