Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/23/2005 1:55:35 PM EDT
I was looking for a pack for day hiking/overnighters/school. I don't want anything too spendy but would like to have some expansion ability with the pack. I think I like the Condor. Anybody have any experience with one or have anything similar I should consider instead?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:01:42 AM EDT
bump. Nobody?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:17:02 PM EDT
I have an original condor which i got and literral a week later maxpedition announced the condor II. The only problem with the condor 1 was the hydration pouch was lacking. it's fixed in the condor 2. I want one badly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 6:55:28 PM EDT by bfieldburt]
Here's a good link comparing the Vulture and the Condor. I think it is the original Condor, but check it out. I was leaning toward a Condor, but this made me want the Vulture instead just for the added size (you might want the Condor if you'll be using it for a school pack).

www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307958

What I really want is the Vulture 2, but it isn't out yet. Won't be out for another month...or two. Damn, I want it now. I've need a good pack for something in about a month. Anyway, check out the pics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:10:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:00:06 PM EDT
I have a condor II and it's OK. It doesn't really solve all my problems and I think a cheaper pack with more molle pouches would have done more better. I wish I bought a TAG three day pack ($105ish?) or my RAID pack came in. The molle on the front of the condor II is not stable enough to carry any sort of load. On the flip side the Hydration/concealment pouch is rather nice; I keep a CRKT Plan B velcro'd in there. It did come with a buch of crazy straps allover it, they're all way too long and mostly useless. I have everything secured now, but it just seems wasteful or inelegant.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:36:49 PM EDT
Well, I ordered one, so we'll see how it works out. Thanks for the input, fellas.
Top Top