Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2002 5:01:13 AM EDT
They've got a great web site and reasonable prices. Anybody have any feedback on dealing with them?

www.impactguns.com
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I've ordered from them a couple times. Seem like nice people.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#2]
My only complaint is they can be a little slowwwwwwwwww.............
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, bought my first M4 from them when no dealer here in NY had any in stock.  Their price was better than a local dealer and they were very reasonable to deal with and shipped out as promised.  I would do business with them again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I pop in the store up in Ogden once a month or so ... sometimes even more often...
Some items on the web are better priced than in the store... but then again sometimes when you get the chance to dig thru their junk bins you find a real treat...
Dave is back in control... so things have gotten a bit better...
Ted...
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
good experience with them on first Armalite scope mount (2 yrs ago).. second one this past year was different story.  No communication, etc.. finally called them, was told out-of-stock.. had them sub an ASA mount.

IMHO - they could have contacted me after 6 weeks rather than me contacting them.

I'll pay a little extra for good customer service next time.
Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Phonegunner I didn't know Dave wasn't in control, when did this happen? When I was stationed at Hill AFB I started going in the store when the back area was only storage and an indoor firing range to test suppressors. Dave is the person to talk to about anything dealing with military firearms or Class 3. They were way too busy for their staff back then '97-'98 and that was before their website and internet sales. Great people but very busy!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Lancelot,

I had heard a lot of good things about them so last year about this time they had a sale on Cetme rifles, so I ordered one from  their web site. The sale was for $499 and going rate was around $600.

They sent me an e-mail later that day saying that the sale priced guns were sold out and said if I wanted one the price would be $579. I was mad but asked them to split the difference and they accepted. Robert's Firearm Company in Aurora sent his FFL to Impact and I waited for the gun to come in. 2 weeks later I called Impact and they said that they couldn't find Robert's FFL so they wanted it sent again. 2 weeks later they hadn't shipped the rifle because they were still waiting for the FFL, but found it while talking on the phone with me.

About a week later Robert's finally received the rifle. After shooting the rifle it had a problem because it was shooting 8 inches to the left, which is a common problem with the Cetme due to poor assembly by Century. Well, I called Impact and all they said was that I would have to call Century and have them fix it instead of them replacing the gun. I know that it wasn't Impact's fault that the gun was defective, but most shops would have just taken the gun back and replaced it with another and sent it back to Century themselves.

I called Century and they fixed the gun, but Impact lost my business on this whole transaction. Almost everybody praises them, but my personal experience this that they are a poor place to deal with.  

P.S. I ordered a Cetme the first day that the "sale" was on their website.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a similar "sale" experience with a Springfield V16.  Once I expressed interest in ordering it, the crossed out price became THE price and it wasn't in stock anymore.  I know that it's hard to keep up inventory, etc. but I was just trying to locate one for a customer and that was the BEST price around and it seemed to indicate that it was in stock.

Kinda like a bait and switch tactic or something like that.

Craig
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#10]
My experience was not so great either.  Ordered a couple of items only to be told 6 weeks later they were "backordered"  I cancelled the order and got the items from another company, only to have them arrive almost three months later.  They had misplaced my cancellation..sure.....

I'll pass myself....
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I also had a bad experience with Impact Guns.  After a 2 month wait, they sent me the wrong merchandise.  Following the return of the merchandise that I did not order, it took several phone calls and emails to get my credit card account credited. I never could get them to give me full credit for my cost of the return shipping.  This was my first and last order with Impact Guns.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a good experience with them recently. I ordered a mag from them. Shipping took forever, but they purchase was good.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered a stock and ammo from them about a month ago. Never heard anything back, so I e-mailed them, and that was almost 2 weeks ago. Still no response.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a great experience here.  Called themn on 26 June 02 to see if they had any rebuilt mags.  Didn't record who I talked to but the guy said they "preferred" to only take orders via internet as "most telephone orders get screwed up."  Shoulda been my first clue.  He told me they had the mags (ar15) in stock.  I placed the order via the internet and received a invoice with an order number etc on 27 Jun.  Then on 2 July 02 I recv'd an email stating "One or more of the items you requested is currently backorder.  We will ship them to you as soon as we receive them."  I called them on 2 Jul and it was explained to me that the three mags I ordered went backorder.  I told them to cancel the order- I need some mags now.  I spoke with Rob at 4 p.m.  Well Thurs 25 Jul I get home from work and have a delivery attempt from UPS from, guess who? Impact Guns.  WTF?  They went ahead and used my debit card for the mags on 23 July 02.  A major FU as far as I'm concerned.  Did I call them and rant and rave?  Nope.  I know I know- let the company know they screwed up so others don't get burned.  I'm too pissed.  Let them keep cutting their own throat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#15]
SLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I visit them every so often.

They do the "bait and switch" routine too often. ("Oh, yeah, we just sold the last one, but here's something pretty much the same" for more $.)
Still ,you can sometimes find good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought 3 long guns from them in the last two years.... No problems at all. I recommend them.

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top