Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/22/2009 4:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2009 4:06:35 AM EDT by Tony44]
I have a State Arms 50bmg on order. Anybody else have one currently on order? What has been your wait time current or quoted?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 7:33:32 PM EDT
The last time I talked to Larry his wait time was 6 months plus. That was in december. Larry doesn't have any employes as far as I know it is just him and his son. He just doesn't crank them out like a commercial factory every gun is as good as the next one. Be patient it is well worth the wait.
http://i40.tinypic.com/amck0.jpg
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 9:16:31 PM EDT
I've been calling and emailing for a little bit now, just trying to place an order. I hate being the squeeky wheel, but it seems to be the right way to go in this instance.

I don't suppose anyone on here has an 'in'. I'm not looking to take cuts or anything, just looking for the end of the line.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 9:38:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tom_Collins:
I've been calling and emailing for a little bit now, just trying to place an order. I hate being the squeeky wheel, but it seems to be the right way to go in this instance.

I don't suppose anyone on here has an 'in'. I'm not looking to take cuts or anything, just looking for the end of the line.

Competitor is good buds with Larry. He's got at least 4 State Arms rifles. He might have an idea of what's up. As the other gent said, Larry is a one man shop. His son helps with the laminate stocks. That's it. Larry doesn't have a secretary. Doesn't have an answering service. If he's not answering the phone, its because he's running machines building guns. I've had difficulty reaching him myself and that was a couple years ago. Leave a message...be clear as to what you need (like "i'd like to place an order") and he'll call you back. May take a few days, but he'll call you back.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:05:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Faret:
The last time I talked to Larry his wait time was 6 months plus. That was in december. Larry doesn't have any employes as far as I know it is just him and his son. He just doesn't crank them out like a commercial factory every gun is as good as the next one. Be patient it is well worth the wait.
http://i40.tinypic.com/amck0.jpg

Ok, that sounds about right. I ordered at the beginning of October and he told me it would be about three months. It's going on six but I guess that's an acceptable range all things being considered. From what I read his rifles are worth the wait so I'm going to go ahead and do so.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:54:22 AM EDT
I just received an email from Larry today that indicated he's taking about 8 months from order to delivery now. Just fyi.
Cheers,
cc
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:15:18 PM EDT
I got a call from Larry this morning. Made my order.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:39:54 PM EDT
I was thinking about the same, is payment due upfront or does it charge on shipping. I don't mind backordering stuff, or reasonable deposits.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top