Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2011 4:32:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/9/2011 4:33:06 AM EST by panzersergeant]
I haven't been there in over a year. Getting ready to make a trip down there in the next week or two.

Has anybody been there recently? If so, how are the Winchesters looking?

TIA!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:14:33 PM EST
There has to be some South Store shoppers out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:18:54 PM EST
I was there in September, and it was great al around!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 1:22:04 PM EST
I was there last Thursday. There were a few "gems" in the rack/field grade, mainly barrel wear and so-so wood. Anything with a Winnie barrel is shot-out and measures +5 on the muzzle.

You should be able to find something you like, be sure to look at everyone of them!
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:56:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Petro:
I was there last Thursday. There were a few "gems" in the rack/field grade, mainly barrel wear and so-so wood. Anything with a Winnie barrel is shot-out and measures +5 on the muzzle.

You should be able to find something you like, be sure to look at everyone of them!

Thanks!

I never leave the South Store without something and I'm always happy with what I buy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:03:21 PM EST
I gotta go down there again some time; I have the itching to get another Garand, maybe a Springfield and some barrels.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 12:38:07 PM EST
Check the CMP forums. For the South STore, it is common for there to be a store update on a daily basis from someone who went there. It is rare that 2-3 days go by without an update.

I was there in September, and picked up an HRA Service Grade, and it shoots like a dream. I also SHOULD have picked up a SA SG that I had my hands on, but I was already set on the HRA, and I failed the basic "get both" axiom.

If you are not looking for historic significance, the HRA SGs are great. I wanted HRA specifically because that is what my Dad remembers having in ROTC.

Good luck,
-shooter
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:01:45 AM EST
The Winchesters are dissapointing , most of them have new commercial stocks with NOS USGI barrels installed by CMP armorers.
http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:14:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By M1G:
The Winchesters are dissapointing , most of them have new commercial stocks with NOS USGI barrels installed by CMP armorers.
http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Thanks.
Top Top