Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2016 4:01:59 PM EDT
Gun only I mean.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 4:28:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2016 4:29:13 PM EDT by Circuits]
At one point, yes - you could buy a Watson's Weapons screw-bolt .50 upper for around $900 and mount it to your own lower. Looks like they're up to $1095 these days, though.

Might be able to find one used for less than that, though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:07:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:34:24 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
http://i.imgur.com/mmGPq8B.jpg
View Quote

That was the introductory price - went up to $1199 on Feb. 15th, according to serbu's website.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:38:18 PM EDT
View Quote

That is FUNKY looking!
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:52:11 PM EDT
I never really wanted a 50 but if I can get one under $1000 I may be interested.
Mainly just because it's one of the guns that piss liberals off. Seriously, I would be okay with some plumbing equipment welded together if it was safe and cheap enough.
Some guys want a 50 because it can shoot extreme ranges, I just want one to make a big boom and make some liberal blood boil.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:46:27 AM EDT
Look for a used Serbu BFG-50. I'very seen used ones for right at $1000, or just a hair over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:14:18 AM EDT
It's like everything else, you'll just want another one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:09:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Look for a used Serbu BFG-50. I'very seen used ones for right at $1000, or just a hair over.
View Quote

Thanks. I'm not lucking out on arms list yet
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:24:40 PM EDT
View Quote

If you get this, I have a sweet PRS stock to tame the recoil. Used it with a safety harbors upper. Very thick butt pad to save your shoulder. In the EE section under rifles acc.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:01:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2016 4:02:03 PM EDT by Kalashnikov762]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
I would be okay with some plumbing equipment welded together if it was safe and cheap enough.
View Quote

If that's what you want, there is a used Vulcan up for sale on GB right now. As of right now, it's well under your limit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:02:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:

If that's what you want, there is a used Vulcan up for sale on GB right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
I would be okay with some plumbing equipment welded together if it was safe and cheap enough.

If that's what you want, there is a used Vulcan up for sale on GB right now.

I'd recommend he save some money and upgrade to the plumbing parts
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:21:29 PM EDT
He said safe.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:48:59 PM EDT
Lol anyone here want to sell me their old serbu or similar??
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:46:04 PM EDT
Put out WTB ads on subguns and sturm as well as here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:29:58 AM EDT
Will do. I'm a lawyer and occasionally do NFA trusts for people. New goal: gear that up a notch and use the proceeds to build the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:04:52 PM EDT
SHTF single shot uppers are 1450 new. You should be able to get one close to your budget used.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:44:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jestertoo:
SHTF single shot uppers are 1450 new. You should be able to get one close to your budget used.
View Quote

Thanks. I am trying something odd - crowdfunding a 50.... We shall see if it works.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:57:28 AM EDT
Fractional 50 BMG ownership...hummm...interesting concept. If it works for yachts and jets, maybe for high end rifles too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:31:29 PM EDT
crowdfunding?

Is that like buying one with your brother or something?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:10:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By w33b8t1:
crowdfunding?

Is that like buying one with your brother or something?
View Quote

No, it's where you ask a bunch of people to give you money to do something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:04:25 AM EDT
My first 50BMG ownership was a 50% deal which did not end well. The other 50% owner shot all kinds of crap surplus that damaged the barrel and shot so much of it at one time that the rifling was severely damaged due to heat.

I sold my 50% as soon as I could, and bought my own AR-50 which I still own and use for FCSA Match Competitions, and occasionally for Rock-Busting.

I am making a barrel nut (Savage style) which will allow for easy switching of barrels, one with a Match 0.554" neck, and the other with a Mil-Spec 0.562" neck. That way I can save my Match barrel for Match use only and use the Mil-Spec barrel for Rock-Busting and other fun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:39:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By OldmanFCSA:
My first 50BMG ownership was a 50% deal which did not end well. The other 50% owner shot all kinds of crap surplus that damaged the barrel and shot so much of it at one time that the rifling was severely damaged due to heat.

I sold my 50% as soon as I could, and bought my own AR-50 which I still own and use for FCSA Match Competitions, and occasionally for Rock-Busting.

I am making a barrel nut (Savage style) which will allow for easy switching of barrels, one with a Match 0.554" neck, and the other with a Mil-Spec 0.562" neck. That way I can save my Match barrel for Match use only and use the Mil-Spec barrel for Rock-Busting and other fun stuff.
View Quote

You should have a second gun anyway ;)
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:48:56 PM EDT

View All Quotes

Just sold my second gun - the State Arms Shorty - to purchase more food for the AR-50. These things are like teenagers, always hungry!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:42:41 PM EDT

Just sold my second gun - the State Arms Shorty - to purchase more food for the AR-50. These things are like teenagers, always hungry!!!
View All Quotes

I still have that 8 lb jug of H50BMG for sale oldman since your feeding. Primed brass too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:47:39 PM EDT
Can't - got hit hard by taxes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:10:38 PM EDT
Can't - got hit hard by taxes.
View Quote

I hear that...gotta pay for the FSA (free shit army)
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:45:53 AM EDT
Wanted to bump this, as I am a step closer to my goal. I was able to secure a Desert Eagle for a verrrry good deal. Should provide the trade or sale value to get my 50
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top