Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2014 1:27:35 PM EDT
Any one run a suppressed Aug? Do they suppress well ?  Worth suppressing or very minimal difference?  Any Advice? What are you using as a suppressor?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Look a bit before you post please.  

Linkly McLinkerson
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link but not what I was looking for. What I am looking to find out if the Aug suppresses well. In other words, does the silencer really make a huge difference in sound reduction. From what I heard, the effect of the silencer is minimal due to the gas port. Is this true? Want to know before I put down money.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the link but not what I was looking for. What I am looking to find out if the Aug suppresses well. In other words, does the silencer really make a huge difference in sound reduction. From what I heard, the effect of the silencer is minimal due to the gas port. Is this true? Want to know before I put down money.
View Quote

They suppress just fine.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 51t aac mount coming.  Soon after that I'll find out how it does with a mini-4.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used a Surefire supressor on my MSAR, and it cuts down on the sound, putting it more in the .22 range.

Not as quite to me as on an AR, but 1. the action is closer to your ear 2. Any piston gun is going to be louder supressed than a DI gun - more gas escapes into the environment without going through the supressor is most likely the reason, as I would think the small ID gas tube on a DI gun has less volume of gas going through it than the volume going into a piston tube.

Still worth putting on.  Now on my MSAR anyway, there is a point of impact difference between with/without the supressor.  The AUG may have a tighter barrel lock up and so this could not be an issue - only one way to find out.

Even if so, the platform is so short you can run a can on it and still have a short weapon, so just sight in with the can on and rock and roll.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I shot mine today. It's a factory 14" barrel with a pinned Surefire legacy flash hider and a Socom-sb suppressor. It's made for short barrels (sb), less than 10" and has a larger bore. I ran it in the normal gas setting, using AE223 ammo. It ejected at 5-6:00 without the suppressor and 2:00 with the suppressor. Is this typical? Note the flames coming out the piston port. Sorry, it's an indoor range...

http://www.hkbeltfed.com/aug1.m4v
View Quote

Thanks for the reply I found this quote  in a similar in similar thread. When I play the video the sound difference is minimal . video
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
That's mine. It's an indoor range, and the only gun I've tried that suppressor with, so I can't comment much. That said, note the flames shooting out the gas port.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I run mine suppressed all the time and it is amazing.. Never has a problem.. Makes it way more quiet..  Worth every cent..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top