Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 9:45:35 AM EDT
I thought I read that there was going to be some new info for about either MSAR (the company) or the MSAR e4/stg (Rifle) (possibly new components, rifles, etc...) coming out at the bullpup shoot.

Did I miss it?

Or did I miss-read it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:07:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 10:07:48 AM EDT by Dawg180]
There was no new official information on the status of MSAR at the Bullpup Shoot.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:14:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Dawg180:
There was no new official information on the status of MSAR at the Bullpup Shoot.

What about unofficial? :)
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:31:49 AM EDT
They have officially declared bankruptcy and officially no longer have any production facilities in NC, where their FFL was located.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:37:17 AM EDT
That's what i am wondering "unofficial"

What I was hoping to here was something like (Just my want list)

Ratworx USA to make

MSAR in 5.56 (E4 style)

with 16" 1 in 8 twist, 5r rifling, Wylde chamber, 1/2 x 28 threads, SS or melonite coated (standard)

Ratworx bolt (standard)

HTM 2020 New trigger pack (standard)

Manticore Talon Scope mount (30mm) (Standard)

Manticore Talon Charging handle (standard)

All for under .................................wait for it...................................................$1300

Also Ratworx/Manticor/2020/cmmg/etc....................made 22lr adapter for $200, and 6.8 spc conversion offered once again

as well as being able to import that dang handguard from Europe that lets you hold the and rest the MSAR more like a normal rifle

This would really make my day

But knowing my luck I will walk around like for a while until I win the lottery

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:06:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By nsnate02:

Nothing I can post about, sorry.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:11:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By stre-tch:
That's what i am wondering "unofficial"

What I was hoping to here was something like (Just my want list)

Ratworx USA to make

MSAR in 5.56 (E4 style)

with 16" 1 in 8 twist, 5r rifling, Wylde chamber, 1/2 x 28 threads, SS or melonite coated (standard)

Ratworx bolt (standard)

HTM 2020 New trigger pack (standard)

Manticore Talon Scope mount (30mm) (Standard)

Manticore Talon Charging handle (standard)

All for under .................................wait for it...................................................$1300

Also Ratworx/Manticor/2020/cmmg/etc....................made 22lr adapter for $200, and 6.8 spc conversion offered once again

as well as being able to import that dang handguard from Europe that lets you hold the and rest the MSAR more like a normal rifle

This would really make my day

But knowing my luck I will walk around like for a while until I win the lottery

The price point may be a bit low, but short of the melonite in the barrel, the horizontal handguard, and the 22lr kit you can pretty much make that happen today!

I will say I appreciate the vote of confidence and it is good to hear people wanting "custom builds" like that, I'll pass the word along to some movers and shakers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:09:16 PM EDT
Is MSAR still reorganizing or did it go the way of Solarindra and the Do Do Bird ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:55:52 PM EDT
did it go the way of Solarindra and the Do Do Bird ?
I'm betting on the Do Do bird. LOL
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:20:24 PM EDT
We need a .22 LR kit.

I know they would sell.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:44:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By nsnate02:

Nothing I can post about, sorry.

Any thing you can PM about?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:50:33 AM EDT
Well, I think the Bullpup shoot was pretty well done and popular even though it's only in its second year. So that I think gives an indication at least that the MSAR was a very popular non-AR rifle. I mean when you look at the General Firearm Discussion board or just "family photos" of collections now days your chances of seeing an MSAR mixed in with a bunch of AR's are pretty good. So, if MSAR had a failing it was in the management of their business not that they didn't have a popular product.

If there is a good demand for something somebody somewhere is going to meet that demand with a supply.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:42:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SilentType:
Well, I think the Bullpup shoot was pretty well done and popular even though it's only in its second year. So that I think gives an indication at least that the MSAR was a very popular non-AR rifle. I mean when you look at the General Firearm Discussion board or just "family photos" of collections now days your chances of seeing an MSAR mixed in with a bunch of AR's are pretty good. So, if MSAR had a failing it was in the management of their business not that they didn't have a popular product.

If there is a good demand for something somebody somewhere is going to meet that demand with a supply.

You have an excellent understanding of the situation on all points.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:55:41 AM EDT
.22LR kit would get me back in the bullpup game
Top Top