Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2007 6:14:11 AM EDT
I've had this one for a little while. Can you still get them? Are they any more or less rare than any of the other carbines?

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#1]
probably a aftermarket stock check richards
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
want to trade I am tried of the bull barrel a the three color wood
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've had this one for a little while. Can you still get them? Are they any more or less rare than any of the other carbines?

i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/hogdogit/P1010559-1.jpg

Don't know about their availability new - they were a WalMart stocked item at one time. I bought mine from them about 12-13 years ago I think.....just like that one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
It's definately not an aftermarket stock - At least hasn't been added since purchased new. -

Thanks for the responses. - Don't really have any desire to trade. - I like the gun fine. Actually would like to have a mini-14 in stainless with a similiar stock to sort of have a matched pair. or maybe even a 44 carbine.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
See there's another post on this page of someone asking about different stocks for their 10/22 and someone replied that they had a gray laminate (thats what ruger calls these I thought)

Quoted:
This is the 10/22 I have:

www.impactguns.com/store/media/ruger/ruger_1022rb.jpg

What type of aftermarket stocks could I get for it? Is there a laminated wood stock for this type barrel that is just like the heavy barreled 10/22 has by default?

Ruger offered some gray laminates in a special edition a few years back, that matched your factory sporter barrel. Dunno if they're available for purchase or not.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Walmarts did some special runs which they had an exclusive on.  I have that version/combination in a full stock, i.e., Mannlicher version.  Swapped out the stainless reciever and barrel with a blue version and love it.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a Wal Mart special run, I have one with the Mannlicher stock in the same pattern.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out www.rimfirecentral.com.  That is your 10/22 encyclopedia.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's a Wal Mart special run, I have one with the Mannlicher stock in the same pattern.

What is a mannlicher? - Style or Mfgr ?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Style
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Style, The stock extends to the end of the barrel.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
Can you still get them? Are they any more or less rare than any of the other carbines?

I would say no you cant get them new unless you are extremely lucky.  As said before they are a limited run so they would be more rare than a regular one.
sometimes they are on gunbroker

height=8
Quoted:
Check out www.rimfirecentral.com.  That is your 10/22 encyclopedia.

very true.  a few weeks ago someone posted that they found 2 of these at a local gunshop for $179.  he bought both of them.  you can find his posts in the 10/22 section
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top