Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 9:14:36 AM EDT
I am considering buying a few Mosin Nagant 1938's from AIM.  I like the shorter length without the M44 bayonet.

I don't have a lot of experience with AIM, and I haven't seen any reviews of this batchof M38's.

Do you think it worthwhile to get handpicks?

Your feedback on these rifles appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for a collector rifle or one to shoot?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I am considering buying a few Mosin Nagant 1938's from AIM.  I like the shorter length without the M44 bayonet.

I don't have a lot of experience with AIM, and I haven't seen any reviews of this batchof M38's.

Do you think it worthwhile to get handpicks?

Your feedback on these rifles appreciated.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Great shooting guns and tough as hell.  However get a M44 (bayonet) or 91/30 (fullsize).
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

A shooter.

Quoted:
However get a M44 (bayonet) or 91/30 (fullsize).

Don't want a bayonet, thanks.  And the 91/30 is too long for my taste.  See my board name?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
are teh 91s or the m44 pretty safe to shoot?? i want to get one of each and was wondering how safe are these to shoot? giventhe age and condition of some ive seen i was curious.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
are teh 91s or the m44 pretty safe to shoot?? i want to get one of each and was wondering how safe are these to shoot? giventhe age and condition of some ive seen i was curious.

Bought my M44 local shop no issues.  My 91/30 is my most recent buy arsenal refinished excellent condition from J&G Sales $83.  They are safe no worries I just would not go lowest grade available either.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

very safe, just make sure to de-cosmo them.
Most have been in storage for 50+ years.
They aren't in bad condition just because the stock looks ugly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a couple of each.  You will have a tough time finding a like new M38.  There are like new M44's around still.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

A shooter.

Quoted:
However get a M44 (bayonet) or 91/30 (fullsize).

Don't want a bayonet, thanks.  And the 91/30 is too long for my taste.  See my board name?  

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
                         new military rifle WEBSITE
On my website, I only sell the Finnish mil;itary captured Mosns They're tested for headspace, fired
to 700 meters accuracy and stored until rer-issue. THE headspaqced (not Rus refurbs)
It's an assortment of cllectable rifles-You can cleck on this site/ and see them yourself!

http//www.helsinkiarms.com            
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Once again- the website is:

http//www.helsinkiarms.net/portal
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I have ordered a few mosins from aim,was pleased with them all except one,a hex reciever 91/30 I paid the handselect fee for bore,bore was a sewer pipe.However,aim did refund the handpick fee.The M38 I got from them is nice,but it is counter bored,and nice 38 rifles are few and far away.

BTW Tribe,not to be a dick but you may want to watch advertising your site here without paying to be a dealer,the powers that be sometimes come down hard on this.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#11]
another option with the M44 is to remove the bayonet, not a difficult task at all.  I have an M44 and it is a ton of fun to shoot, especially at dusk.  it's obnoxiously loud and has a HUGE fireball.  I like it
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a counter-bored M38. It's a blast to shoot. I can't tell on accuracy yet as I'm still learning POI with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top