Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 9:35:22 AM EDT
As the title says ... I'm just wondering if anyone has experience using a Lancer Systems handguard on the SIG MPX. https://lancer-systems.com/awc/product/mpx-handguards/
If so, how is the quality? Is the fit good? Any pros or cons based on your experience?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#1]
In for response.

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just received mine. Would like one for mcx as well but not sure if there are available yet. Haven't had time to shoot with it or mount front sight yet. I do wish it had full length rail on top. Anyway feels nice and light. Only complaint was that getting front pivot pin in was really tight on retaining tab. I have the 8 inch version.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just received mine. Would like one for mcx as well but not sure if there are available yet. Haven't had time to shoot with it or mount front sight yet. I do wish it had full length rail on top. Anyway feels nice and light. Only complaint was that getting front pivot pin in was really tight on retaining tab. I have the 8 inch version.
View Quote
Thanks for the response!  I too wish it had the full length rail on top, one of the reasons I have been holding off.

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had the 4.5" for a few months now on my mpx, fit and finish are top notch.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've had the 4.5" for a few months now on my mpx, fit and finish are top notch.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/176560/IMG_20170821_8299-286063.JPG
View Quote
Have you been able to determine the weight savings?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the 8" on my 8" SBR  gen. II and I like the look and feel of them much better than the original.  They fit well and went on with no problem.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have you been able to determine the weight savings?
View Quote
I had the 8" keymod handguard and went to 4.5" carbon fiber lancer handguard after I had my barrel cut down. I did not weigh my factory handguard but it was a noticeable difference in weight between the two. I can throw the lancer handguard on my postal scale if you'd like. Lancer claims 49% weight reduction over stock (8" vs 8").
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top