Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2002 1:17:01 PM EDT
I have a friend who is seriously looking at the Charles Daly shotguns.  Since I have no experience with them, I was hoping to find someone who did.  So what are you opinions/experiences?

All help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
i have seen a few jamm alot. i admit, i have little experiance with them, but that little that i do, is of them failing alot.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a friend who has one and has a failure to feed about 25% of the time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
We quit selling them at our store after nearly every one developed numerous problems.   They are total crap.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an older Charles Daly scattergun, I think I got it about 15 years ago. For the first 10 years I owned it, I never had any problems at all. The old gun has seen HEAVY use, I hunt Dove, Quail, and Ducks  The gun is  worn now and nolonger will eject or feed properly. I retired it a few years back, when I started reloading Shotgun Shells. Got tired of chasing down the hulls. These days I only hunt with the over and under.

I have heard from many people that the new Charles Dalys are dumpsater fodder.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't know about the shotguns but the CD .45's are crap!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#6]
the "Charles Daly" name has changed hands more times than J-Lo. i have a couple of the older CD over/unders that are made in Japan by "miroku" or something like that.i love them. they are direct copies of the first generation browning citori broadway's. real nice guns. i believe the CD line is now made by Armscor of the phillipines. buyer beware!
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a 12 ga autoloader for shooting trap over the summer...

First round I hit 11 clays out of 25, 2nd round I hit 13 out of 25...

I put the Charles Daly back in my truck and shot the 3rd round with my trusty ole Rem 870...

Scored 23 out of 25...
Also had a few perfect rounds with the 870 before switching to the CD, so I knew what "I" was capable of...

I even tried playin with different choke tubes, and still couldn't hit a goddamn thing with it...
I let other shooters try it, and they didn't like it either...

Don't even ask about the Charles Daly 1911 .45 I bought...
Never even made it out of the gunstore before it broke...
Took it in the indoor range to testfire it, and the ambi-safety, detent, and detent spring flew apart and on the floor after the first mag of ammo...
Swapped it back over the counter for a Beretta 92FS and never bought another Charles Daly product again......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top