Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2013 5:51:26 PM EDT
Now that we have Tavors, think there is any chance of the X95 becoming available? From what I understand the internals are the same.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be nice but I'd guess that it would be a while. They don't have time to do anything but fill orders right now. Then they have the Uzi pistol and there was talk about a Galil too.

Who knows? But I hope so.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
US made Galil... yes please...
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I too like the X95 (i think it'd be great with a longer front rail that went to within 2" of the end of the barrrel).

I like the shorter LOP mostly, but also like the more vertical grip, the standard mag-release, the lower charging handle position, etc.
I even like the stepped-down top rail, since it'd be perfect for a Surefire or Streamlight TLR1HL at 12 o'clock (though i've seen work ups that have a full-flat top)...the step would shorten the sight radius probably (fine by me).

I'm 5'10", but I have T-Rex arms, and fear the TAVOR might just be too long of an LOP for me--I only go two clicks out on AR stocks (one if wearing bulky stuff).
It'll be interesting to see how people feel about using it with body armor.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I too like the X95 (i think it'd be great with a longer front rail that went to within 2" of the end of the barrrel).

I like the shorter LOP mostly, but also like the more vertical grip, the standard mag-release, the lower charging handle position, etc.
I even like the stepped-down top rail, since it'd be perfect for a Surefire or Streamlight TLR1HL at 12 o'clock (though i've seen work ups that have a full-flat top)...the step would shorten the sight radius probably (fine by me).

I'm 5'10", but I have T-Rex arms, and fear the TAVOR might just be too long of an LOP for me--I only go two clicks out on AR stocks (one if wearing bulky stuff).
It'll be interesting to see how people feel about using it with body armor.  

I feel ya. I am 6ft and have long arms and even I am put off by the Tavor's LOP. I just prefer a shorter LOP and I too run two clicks out on my CTR. Also the X95 can apparently free float the barrel and has a removable pistol grip. A bit lighter as well. I suppose if the Tavor gets popular enough we might see an aftermarket stock.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:20:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No.
The few Galil kits that came in before the barrel ban didn't sell very fast as it was.
There is nothing a Galil does that a 5.56 Arsenal AK can't do better for less money.
Even worse, the Galil uses an uncommon mag while the Arsenal mag is both imported and made in the US.

IWI really does need to make the x95/MTAR-21 next.
All they need to do is make the semi auto stock mold. Everything else is done.

Most here would happily buy a second Tavor and the MTAR would keep the sales momentum going.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
The few Galil kits that came in before the barrel ban didn't sell very fast as it was.
There is nothing a Galil does that a 5.56 Arsenal AK can't do better for less money.
Even worse, the Galil uses an uncommon mag while the Arsenal mag is both imported and made in the US.

Most here would happily buy a second Tavor and the MTAR would keep the sales momentum going.

Yes, they intend to make the Galil ACE here sometime in 2014. Heard that from IWI. The Tavor and UZI pistol are going to be followed up by other models in the near future.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought the bolt was different on the x95? Doesn't it have more of a ak like bolt or gas system or something?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, they intend to make the Galil ACE here sometime in 2014. Heard that from IWI. The Tavor and UZI pistol are going to be followed up by other models in the near future.

All I can say is, two things:
They must still need to make back their R&D and tooling money for the ACE variant to be doing this.
They'd better make a ton of low cost mags if they don't want the Galil Ace to go the way of so many other rifles that use unique, expensive mags.

Quoted:
I thought the bolt was different on the x95? Doesn't it have more of a ak like bolt or gas system or something?

first I've heard of that.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
If I recall, in the monster Tavor thread Michael Kassnar stated that the X95/Micro Tavor was on the table for a future release, possibly as a factory SBR.

I don't feel like sifting through all 140 pages of that thread though :)

I, personally, would love to order a factory SBR from IWI.  Hopefully the Tavor will continue to see success and these sort of projects will come to fruition.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Here it is, thanks google.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Will IWI be offering the X95 in the future?

Perhaps in 2014, as a SBR only.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/280158_Charles_Daly_working_with_IMI_to_produce_a_US_TAVOR___PICS_INSIDE___Confirmed_By_C_D_Mr_K_inside_.html&page=89
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I can say is, two things:
They must still need to make back their R&D and tooling money for the ACE variant to be doing this.
They'd better make a ton of low cost mags if they don't want the Galil Ace to go the way of so many other rifles that use unique, expensive mags.

Quoted:

first I've heard of that.

The Galil ACE uses a polymer mag housing and pistol grip attached to the milled receiver. There is a version that accepts AR mags, I am sure this will be the one built here. It is available in 7.62x39, 7.62x51 and 5.56.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/06/07/iwi-introduces-new-flattop-configurations-for-tavor-x95-and-ace-family-of-small-arms/iwi-ace-n-22-5-56mm-nato-magazine/

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

It's not like the Aresnal AKs are easy to find new. It seems like they release things in very small batches....
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's not like the Aresnal AKs are easy to find new. It seems like they release things in very small batches....

Out here in AZ they were easy to find before the rush.
Don't know why they were uncommon in your area.

Gunbroker was littered with them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top