Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2011 6:46:49 PM EDT
Are there any out there? I just want a simple Pistol grip stock, adjustable stock / ability to attach one... I dont need it to be milled from solid steel, turn my 10lbish M1A into a 25 pound beast, with a 40 point rail system.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.vltor.com/socom.htm
This never looked heavy to me (like the troy or sage ebr stocks).  Those who've had one can weigh in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy is alum and adds 1.5lbs overall. If your replacing a supermatch or national match stock then the weight will likely be about the same.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Vltor, I haven't weighed it, but it doesn't feel much heavier at all.

It looks like Vltor took a USGI synth stock and added an aluminium extension to at a AR pistol grip and buffer tube assembly.

personally I love it, great stock and vastly improves the ergonomics of the rifle, although it does change the balance back toward the butt stock with the added weight aft of the CoB.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#4]
ProMag Industries M1A Archangel stock is another option for the OP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The Mccann industries carbon fiber stock is nice setup when you put your own
pistol grip and stock on it (any AR15 conponents..)  it's a drop in stock unit

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Choate use to make a folding stock for M14's / M1A's

i had one that i put on a socom16, and it was pretty bad ass, light weight,

but at the time i was quite a bit younger and didnt know as much about glass bedding and how much it improved accuracy, knowing what i know now i should have glass bed the stock and kept the setup.

it sounds like alot of the aftermarket stocks need some fitting or bedding so dont expect it to turn your rifle into a tack driver
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Troy is alum and adds 1.5lbs overall. If your replacing a supermatch or national match stock then the weight will likely be about the same.

I don't understand this statement. Does that mean the Troy weighs 1.5 lbs or does it add 1.5 lbs and make the 8.9 lbs rifle to be 10.4?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the VLTOR also and it's a very good stock. Completely transformed the rifle for me. Like a previous post stated it has better ergonomics. It's also easier to get follow up shots in, especially if you're running any type of drill or you'll be using it for competition. I highly recommend the VLTOR if you don't need to have all the bells and whistles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top