Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2014 11:36:53 AM EDT

Image nicked from the web...

My interest in these little guys has peaked of late.  As some may remember, I do love my Webley handguns, and own a few of their revolvers.
However, picking up one of the Webley auto loaders is really a pipe dream for me because they are out of my reach, and super rare in any case.

This brings me to the H&R 32 Self Loader.  H&R acquired the license to build the Webley patent auto pistol design in the early 1900s, and the 32 is the result of this
partnership.  So I have been keeping an eye out for one.  Actually had one in my hand at the last fun show, but it had some issues that made be put in back on the table.
I was impressed with how nice the slide worked, and the overall solid feel of the thing.  It sure lets you know it was build in an era when hand assembly and finishing was
the only way to do it right.

I'm not asking outright for one, but, are they out there to be found?  Something over 60K of them were manufactured, if my research is correct, but none of my usual places to look for such things has one.

Always my luck to be attracted to hard to find stuff...
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://imageshack.com/a/img834/2671/xotn.jpg
Image nicked from the web...

My interest in these little guys has peaked of late.  As some may remember, I do love my Webley handguns, and own a few of their revolvers.
However, picking up one of the Webley auto loaders is really a pipe dream for me because they are out of my reach, and super rare in any case.

This brings me to the H&R 32 Self Loader.  H&R acquired the license to build the Webley patent auto pistol design in the early 1900s, and the 32 is the result of this
partnership.  So I have been keeping an eye out for one.  Actually had one in my hand at the last fun show, but it had some issues that made be put in back on the table.
I was impressed with how nice the slide worked, and the overall solid feel of the thing.  It sure lets you know it was build in an era when hand assembly and finishing was
the only way to do it right.

I'm not asking outright for one, but, are they out there to be found?  Something over 60K of them were manufactured, if my research is correct, but none of my usual places to look for such things has one.

Always my luck to be attracted to hard to find stuff...
View Quote

Sweet...  I haven't seen one...  but if I do, unless its stupid expensive it is going in my collection...  sorry...  
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
No problem sir.

Everyone should have some kind of Webley.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Empire just sold one. Still listed on their website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top