Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/9/2010 6:13:21 AM EDT
I'm considering one and wanted opinions from you folks.  Any alternatives you would recommend?  I would primarily use it for machette or light hand axe work.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The Junglas is on my short list of wants from ESEE.  You may want to have a look around the ESEE Forum at bladeforums.com.  There's a bunch of reviews w/photos of the Junglas (not to mention just about every other knife they make).  By all accounts it's one hell of a blade.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm considering one and wanted opinions from you folks.  Any alternatives you would recommend?  I would primarily use it for machette or light hand axe work.  Thanks!
I think Junglases are cool but I have difficulty getting past the $150 pricetag for a machete...

For about 1/3 the price of a Junglas there are 2 KaBar Machetes which could fill your needs...

The KaBar Cultass Machete (1.2 pounds) >>>

and the KaBar Kukri Machete (1.7 pounds) >>>

If you would like to get good overview of the world of machetes, try here.  You can search by manufacturer (ESEE also makes a "regular" machete for about $50), by style, by length, etc...  have a look and poke around...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Junglas and recently took it on a 3 day camping trip. I used it for cutting down widowmakers,limbing, and batoning enough firewood for the 3 days. It's a great camp knife-chopper and the bonus is the great sheath. I feel it was worth every cent I spent and has become my must have camping/survival knife. It also serves as a great butcher knife ! JMHO
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top