Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/18/2008 1:27:21 PM EDT
I am looking hard at getting an AXR, but can't seem to find any dealers that sell them. I would like to physically look at one before before I drop the cash. I have seen the MSAR's at local shops, but I like the idea of AR thread pattern on the barrel, and AR magazine usage. BTW, I'm in the NW part of Washington State, if there are any dealers around.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:05:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 2:05:31 PM EDT by Dawg180]
You buy them direct from TPD and have them transferred to a local FFL.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:09:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sasquatch98226:
I am looking hard at getting an AXR, but can't seem to find any dealers that sell them. I would like to physically look at one before before I drop the cash. I have seen the MSAR's at local shops, but I like the idea of AR thread pattern on the barrel, and AR magazine usage. BTW, I'm in the NW part of Washington State, if there are any dealers around.

Right now they only sell direct. Another disadvantage is that they take a few weeks to get.

The advantage is that they are MUCH nicer. The fit and finish is quite a bit higher on the AXR than it is on the MSAR gun. The AXR is also interchangable with the original Steyr. If you already have 10 or 20 AR mags the price difference between the two about evens out if you figure owning 15 or so mags for the gun.
The MSAR is a good gun but I think that the AXR is a great one. I plan on ordering a second one soon. I'm one of the most impatient people around but I'm extremely glad that I decided to go ahead and wait on an AXR because I got a gun that I'm much happier with.
The only reason I would recommend an MSAR would be for a left hander. My AXR doesn't have the left hander cutout to switch. - They may be able to make them that way but mine wasn't.
To compare it would be about like waiting for an H&K 45 instead of buying a Taurus pistol. There isn't really anything wrong with Taurus pistols but they just aren't as nice as H&K pistols are, there isn't anything I know of wrong with the MSAR but it's not near as nice a gun as an AXR......................................DJ
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:56:05 PM EDT
I went with the MSAR because I could hold it and look it over. Now, if the AXR was available to hold I might have went with that rifle because of the magazine situation but mags are available for the MSAR too. I did not let the idea of AUG interchangeabilty factor in because I could not find AUG parts local if I wanted to. Saying all that, I want to see and shoot the AXR and I hope to see AUG build a rifle here too.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:41:02 PM EDT
Not being able to see and hold a TDP is an issue for me as well.
It would be the most expensive firearm I have purchased to date and not being able to see or inspect it, before purchase is a hard concept to crack.
Still kicking it around.
I love to as many magazine reviews on the TDP that are out their for the 556.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:09:09 PM EDT
I would give Kent a call, after seeing my AXR I could comfortably offer a money back guarantee on them. Then again I'm also not a business man. ;)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:30:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sjust1925:
Not being able to see and hold a TDP is an issue for me as well.
It would be the most expensive firearm I have purchased to date and not being able to see or inspect it, before purchase is a hard concept to crack.
Still kicking it around.
I love to as many magazine reviews on the TDP that are out their for the 556.

I wouldn't worry about that, there are plenty here that can promise you will not be disappointed. You won't believe the quality and pictures don't do it justice. Just know that you will be blown away. I
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:35:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ShareTheToys:
I would give Kent a call, after seeing my AXR I could comfortably offer a money back guarantee on them. Then again I'm also not a business man. ;)

If someone for whatever reason didn't like their AXR, I don't think they would have any trouble at all reselling it for what they paid for it or more (If anyone wants to sell their special edition package just let me know).

I felt the same worry ordering something expensive I hadn't held in hands before. Now I'm just darn glad I did....................................DJ
Top Top