Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 2:24:32 PM EDT
I am considering putting a C-More TAC red-dot on my flattop. This is the model with the integrated A2 rear sight. Does anyone who has ever used one of these have any input on overall construction and design? My two primary queries are the optics hood construction (can it take the abuse a service rifle gets) and whether or not the dot is visible above the A2 line-of-sight for rapid target engagement. Any help here?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is my take on the C-More.

1.  Extremely difficult to zero.
2.  Does not hold a zero.
3.  Lens is fragile
4.  Eats batteries.

Owned one for two weeks.  Six trips to the range, a couple hundred rounds of ammo, and I still could not get the sight to zero.

Replaced it with an Aimpoint and MADD backup iron sights.  The Aimpoint has eaten two batteries in two years and has maintained it zero.  It took me fifteen minutes to zero the Aimpoint.

I did not like the aimpoint due to it being a tube-type red-dot scope, but it was more reliable for me.  Still like the HUDs red-dot sights, just not ready for abusive folks like me.

My experience only, your mileage may vary.

Brian
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
ILB. I have had a Cmore for some time and Have had mixed results. I like the disign and mine seems to hold zero but did have some trouble on to start with. In fact I can take it off and remount it w/out much change of zero.1/2 in or so. I got the sight to use for varmint calling at relative close ranges 40,50yrds. Had good results w/that but I found out that for longer ranges 100yrds or more the dot obscures too much of the target. this was my first and only dealings with a red dot sight of any kind so take this for what it's worth. Really do like the idea of not having to look through a tube though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Heres a review from the MD AR15 site, to which Forest and Fight4YourRights (fellow board members) are involved with. They usually do and post very honest and straight forward reviews.

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/opticssights.msnw?action=view_list&row=7&viewtype=2&sortstring=
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the c-more tactical for a few weeks.  My impression of it is biased by the fact that I have one of those russian kobra sights which I only paid $135 for.  The kobra is my favorite.  It's TONS more rugged and the optics are better, it has switchable recticles so you can select what you are happy with, not just a dot.  The one problem I have with the Kobra is that I can't co-witness it because it's a little too high.  

The c-more site works well though.  I haven't had it long enough to attest to it's zero-holding ability.  The red dot appears really low on the optic when you are looking through your iron sights.  This is good because when you want to keep your head up and look over/around the rear sight you have plenty of room to look through the optic without your vision being obstructed by it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the plastic housing on the c-more.  It all seems sort of cheap to me.  The optics are not all that great either.  The coating on the c-more passes the red dot through so it can be seen from down range.  It's up to you to decide if that is a bad thing or not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#5]
There is an interesting write up on the Cmore/colt tactical sight on Sniper country.com, they don't have anything good to say about it, but to each their own.  I think I'd go with the reflex with 12.5 triangle or the EOtech
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Acquired (2) C-More Tac sights a while back.. my brother and I each put one on our M4-gery's.. have had good results with both.  Yes.. they are very sensitive in adjustments, as clearly stated in instructions.. but neither of us has had any probs with holding zero.  Have had both in service for year+.. no battery change to date.. took less than 40 rounds to zero using (3) shot groups.  Easy to manually bore sight upper to set initial zero.. make final adjustments firing.  Helpful hint.. perform zero @ 25M.. much easier to adjust to desired load/distance thereafter.
My $.02
Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
OKO  See more, pay less

OKO Sights
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 3:33:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a C-more with a 2 moa dot. It allows pinpoint accuracy. I love mine. Just my $.02
bcr308
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the Tac setup on my entry weapon. The unit looks good, but is way to sensitive and can not take abuse well. If anything is stored on top of the case or is leaning on the unit, zero does change, way to easy IMPO. I am ditching the unit and going with a flip up rear and Trijicon Reflex II triangle.  This is a much more sturdy setup and no batteries (never an issue, I changed them every quarter).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top