Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 9:09:27 PM EDT
I want to install an inexpensive heavy barrel/stock combo onto my 10/22.  From my research, the combos seem to range in price from about $110 to Way-too-much-for-a-freaking-.22.

Any particular brands to stay away from?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a stainless barrel from J&G sales from arizona which only cost $89.00 plus shipping that after proper barrel break-in shoots a box off T-22 into a dime sized hole at 50 meters. you then clean it and it will do it again after coolig. This barrel is mark U.S. ORD.  It was made for US ARMY rifle team. You can't beat price or quality. Your question should be whats the best buy for a quality barrel instead of what to stay away from.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
i have experienced shoddy craftsmanship from the buter creek "carbon fiber" barrels. which BTWare injection molded plastic not carbon fiber. for $89 its hard to beat an adams & bennet/green mountain.

check out rimfire central
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 for rimfirecentral.com

lots of good info there and the only barrels i have seen major complaints about is the bc carbon bbl.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#4]
J&G Sales has one of the better deals out there. ~120 for a Hogue overmold and Clerke barrel. You can get the 18" or 20" barrel.

Oh  yeah. Stay away from butler creek.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
yo0u mean butler's crap.......my uncles butlers crap barrel shoots just a bit better than my stock ss barrel  it's worth the money....if it was $10 a barrel then it'll be a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
i got a butler creek carbon barrel thing, i like it its light as hell and is a tack driver. must have got lucky.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#7]
i have a 20" ss fluted butler creek bbl.

shoots federal champions with more accuracy than some with match ammo
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Green Mountain seems to be the preferred brand of the 10/22 hotrodders at rimfirecentral. If I ever decide to build a heavybarrel, that's what I'm using.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Green Mountain seems to be the preferred brand of the 10/22 hotrodders at rimfirecentral. If I ever decide to build a heavybarrel, that's what I'm using.

I've got a couple, they're great barrels.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a couple, they're great barrels.

Digital

+1...I have a couple myself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an Adams and Bennett.  It rocks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ditto. A&B barrels from MidwayUSA are actually Green Mountain barrels. Mine's pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto. A&B barrels from MidwayUSA are actually Green Mountain barrels. Mine's pretty good.

+1..I have had good luck with my A&B barrel. Combined with Volquartsen trigger guard, makes a decent shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top