Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 11/19/2010 2:15:57 PM EDT
But I apologize for the photos. I just wasn't into the taking pics thing after grinding all day.

The first is a pair of SEER MK IV's. The bottom one is a custom for a member here. Green and black Dymondwood grips. The top one is actually my new camp knife. Green and black G10, brass tubes pinning the grip panels

The next is a new model called Tempest Mk V. This one is my new Concealed Carry knife, replacing my Honor Mk VI. Tan G10 and sheath. Double edged, with a hidden skullcrusher.

The next is a Paladin Mk V. Gray and black G10, with tubes pinning the scales in place

The next is a group shot of 3 Concealed Carry Series models. From left to right, the first is Raze Mk III, a double edged tanto style with a curved lower edge. The next is Rage Mk IV with blue and black G10. the one on the right is Raid Mk III with a double edged blade.

Link Posted: 11/19/2010 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the Black and Blue RAGE!
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's pretty cool. If I weren't such a schmuck I would have wiped it off before taking photos.
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 3:15:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice work!
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Great looking stuff there
Thanks

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for not wiping it off you schmuch! now i want the raze instead of a rage. i want to use it for work. do you ever do knives for border patrol agents? i was thinking od green grip and blade and maybe sheath as well or all black. i want to put it on the vest but not be to big. i dont want it to be the center of attention with subjects or the boss man.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]
As a matter of fact, yes, I have done some for Border Patrol. The last one has OD grips, Desert patina and a tan sheath.
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
The Bitch- The Mastodon Mk XI. 11" blade, 3" tall at the tallest point and 18" long. Depending on your valley, sometimes you need a bigger stick. I threw the Surefire E2DL and the HK in there for scale.

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 6:14:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Bitch- The Mastodon Mk XI. 11" blade, 3" tall at the tallest point and 18" long. Depending on your valley, sometimes you need a bigger stick. I threw the Surefire E2DL and the HK in there for scale.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/Timberwolf_71/MastodonMkXI-1.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/Timberwolf_71/MastodonMkXI-2.jpg

That is sick!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I m feeling the new concealed carry stuff. May have to pick up another for Xmas!
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, so I've been lax in posting photos of the knife Jericoh made for me (what can I say, I don't put it down much).  It's handled every task I've thrown at it, and I could not be more pleased.  I developed the design a couple years ago, and Jasun tweaked it to make it work.  We went with a single bevel and 1/4" steel.  It's got a helluva nasty reinforced point that could probably pop through cinderblocks while tying its shoes, and the shadow patina has an intense ghostly look.  Great balance, and thumb grooves that run half way up the spine really help with control for fine work.  Working with Jasun was easy and fun, and the end product is top notch.  On to the pics....

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Im sorry but I don't understand why you grind and put an edge on only one side of the blade.  To me it seems like this makes it harder for me to sharpen and is somewhat wasteful.  If you are using 1/4" steel why don't you just grind both sides?

I know emerson makes their knives like this and I have owned a few Emersons.  I have never liked this chisel grind though.  To me it isn't practical.

Sorry if you already covered this.  I really enjoy seeing your knives.  They are works of art.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Im sorry but I don't understand why you grind and put an edge on only one side of the blade.  To me it seems like this makes it harder for me to sharpen and is somewhat wasteful.  If you are using 1/4" steel why don't you just grind both sides?

I know emerson makes their knives like this and I have owned a few Emersons.  I have never liked this chisel grind though.  To me it isn't practical.

Sorry if you already covered this.  I really enjoy seeing your knives.  They are works of art.

I believe single side grind makes for a sharper knife.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No worries man, thanks for the kind words.

Single sided designs actually have a number of benefits over double bevels. As Crusader said, they can be made sharper than double bevels, but they are also easier to maintain in the field since you only have one bevel to worry about. They also end up being stronger through the bevel since how the grind angles work out, there is a little more material left in the bevelled area.

The way I do my edges, it's not a true chisel grind. In a chisel grind there is only one main bevel angle. The bevel starts wherever the grind starts and goes all the way to the edge. I use what I call a compound chisel. There is the main bevel grind, then there is a separate edge bevel. If you've ever noticed on something like a Mora knife how the main bevel doesn't go up very high up towards the spine, that's because the maker is tied to using the edge angle as the main bevel. I can take my grinds up as high towards the spine as I want since the main and secondary bevels are independent of each other.

It actually took me a while to get on board the single sided bandwagon. I turned down a lot of customers since I thought single-sided grinding was kind of a cop out over double bevelled. Finally I decided to make a couple prototypes to test this whole single bevel thing. Now most of my line is single sided and the last 2 models that are still double bevelled are getting switched over to single with the next production run.

Those damn Japanese really were on to something making the swords for samurais single bevelled. Too bad I can't use their testing methods with my steel.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top