Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 3:06:09 PM EDT
Today was getting ready for the range and cleaning my AXR and ran in to an issue.  After I reassembled my rifle I noticed two strange things, the charging handle was extremely hard to pull  and the bolt was not going all the way into battery.  I assumed it was an error I did during

the reassembly processes.  I proceeded to disable and reassemble, still the same thing.  Then I thought maybe I needed some lube so I lubricated the metal surfaces that contacted one another, still the same thing.  So I began looking at my AXR starting at the charging handle, and

then I saw it, the Trust Piece: left was not seeding all the way in cocking slide body (got the wordage from this manual link).  I dissembled my AXR once more and saw the forward assist was stuck and bent in the

shape of a ā€œJā€.  I dissembled the charging handle and this is what I saw.

I am not too concerned about this. The one and only time I used my forward assist it was not a very pleasant experience, it hurt to say the lease.  I am still going to the range to try out my trigger work. However, I am going to try to contact Kent and see if he can send me a new piece.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Any idea what happened?

Also, how did you hurt yourself with the forward assist?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any idea what happened?

Also, how did you hurt yourself with the forward assist?

The only thing i can think of is it got stuck in the down position. When I pulled the charging handle back and then let it fly it bent little and snapped.  Then it just got worse every time the Trust Piece: left slammed into it.

The first time I used the forward assist I gave it a little nudge, and that was not hard enough.  So I gave it a good smack with my palm and the little button must have hit a pressure point just in the right spot and it hurt.  For me to say something hurt it hurt.  We will put it this way,

while sparing with one of my friends, he dislocated my elbow when he got me in an arm bar.  I did not think he had it in that deep and it did not hurt badly enough for me to tap.  I was wrong...lol Luckily for me his wife is a nurse and she did her thing and I was good to go.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Ah, a fellow arm bender and an AXR owner.  I think we would get along fine.  

Keep us informed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top