BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 10:43:44 AM EDT
I just purchased my first M1A.

Springfield Armory #0309xx
Bolt marked #7790185, SA RRR
Op Rod marked 7267064 SA
Barrel marked NM, Geneseo, IL
FCG marked 7267030- ? (can't make it out)
Bayonet-lugged suppressor
Stock is beautiful, superbly grained GI w/ selector cut, circle P, and a barely noticeable cartouche.

Came with 1000 rounds of FN Herstal 7.62, 4 GI magazines (two in cosmoline wax paper) marked BRW. S-1, and 100 rounds of factory-boxed Winchester 180 grain Core-lokt.

$1530 w/ tax, out the door.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just purchased my first M1A.

Springfield Armory #0309xx
Bolt marked #7790185, SA RRR
Op Rod marked 7267064 SA
Barrel marked NM, Geneseo, IL
FCG marked 7267030- ? (can't make it out)
Bayonet-lugged suppressor
Stock is beautiful, superbly grained GI w/ selector cut, circle P, and a barely noticeable cartouche.

Came with 1000 rounds of FN Herstal 7.62, 4 GI magazines (two in cosmoline wax paper) marked BRW. S-1, and 100 rounds of factory-boxed Winchester 180 grain Core-lokt.

$1530 w/ tax, out the door.

Any thoughts?

Did you contact SA about the bolt yet?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I sure would NOT shoot those 180's in your M-1A!!

You'd be MUCH better shooting 150 to 165 in .308!!

Otherwise sounds like a nice rifle!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The 180 grainers were apparently a bonus...they've already been earmarked for my bolt gun.

The SA bolt was indeed recalled in 1987 (!!!!!!!) and the rifle goes to Geneseo on Monday.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The 180 grainers were apparently a bonus...they've already been earmarked for my bolt gun.

The SA bolt was indeed recalled in 1987 (!!!!!!!) and the rifle goes to Geneseo on Monday.

Well that definitely makes your M1A a pre-ban.  You'll get a brand new forged bolt and you'll be good to go.

Glad to hear SA is taking care of you!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that definitely makes your M1A a pre-ban.  You'll get a brand new forged bolt and you'll be good to go.

Glad to hear SA is taking care of you!

They received it yesterday. Two-three weeks to get it back....grrr.

Some of the pain was taken away by yesterday's delivery of a 1903A3 from the CMP...beautiful rifle!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but. I just picked up my new M1A this afternoon at my dealer. It's a 277xx serial number, with NM sites, bedded walnut stock. I'm hoping that its got a NM bbl too! Anyway, sure as hell, the bolt markings are a match for yours! So it looks like Monday I get to call SA on the recall too. I started looking on all the forums for recall info and found your post first. Knew I was screwed right away. Then looked on Different's site and found the details and got it confirmed. Oh well, when its done it should be good to go. All I got to say is the "mouse gun" is going to the back of the cabinet, and I have a new favorite rifle (and I haven't even shot it yet!). Good luck.  Greg
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but. I just picked up my new M1A this afternoon at my dealer. It's a 277xx serial number, with NM sites, bedded walnut stock. I'm hoping that its got a NM bbl too! Anyway, sure as hell, the bolt markings are a match for yours! So it looks like Monday I get to call SA on the recall too. I started looking on all the forums for recall info and found your post first. Knew I was screwed right away. Then looked on Different's site and found the details and got it confirmed. Oh well, when its done it should be good to go. All I got to say is the "mouse gun" is going to the back of the cabinet, and I have a new favorite rifle (and I haven't even shot it yet!). Good luck.  Greg

Trust me, the mickey mouse gun will forever stay in the closet as long as you have an M1A.  I havent looked back either.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

On the bright side, you'll get a new bolt out of this ordeal!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Some of the pain was taken away by yesterday's delivery of a 1903A3 from the CMP...beautiful rifle!

shows us some pictures.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Workin' on it!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the bright side, you'll get a new bolt out of this ordeal!

She's back...finally.

New (forged) bolt. #7790186- SA
F00098
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Sweet!

I take it we'll be seeing a range report soon?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sweet!

I take it we'll be seeing a range report soon?

Of course...[sarcasm]provided the inferior SA bolt doesn't blow up in my face, killing everyone in a 30sf area.[sarcasm]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top