10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/12/2005 10:43:44 AM EDT
I just purchased my first M1A.

Springfield Armory #0309xx
Bolt marked #7790185, SA RRR
Op Rod marked 7267064 SA
Barrel marked NM, Geneseo, IL
FCG marked 7267030- ? (can't make it out)
Bayonet-lugged suppressor
Stock is beautiful, superbly grained GI w/ selector cut, circle P, and a barely noticeable cartouche.

Came with 1000 rounds of FN Herstal 7.62, 4 GI magazines (two in cosmoline wax paper) marked BRW. S-1, and 100 rounds of factory-boxed Winchester 180 grain Core-lokt.

$1530 w/ tax, out the door.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:56:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:
I just purchased my first M1A.

Springfield Armory #0309xx
Bolt marked #7790185, SA RRR
Op Rod marked 7267064 SA
Barrel marked NM, Geneseo, IL
FCG marked 7267030- ? (can't make it out)
Bayonet-lugged suppressor
Stock is beautiful, superbly grained GI w/ selector cut, circle P, and a barely noticeable cartouche.

Came with 1000 rounds of FN Herstal 7.62, 4 GI magazines (two in cosmoline wax paper) marked BRW. S-1, and 100 rounds of factory-boxed Winchester 180 grain Core-lokt.

$1530 w/ tax, out the door.

Any thoughts?

Did you contact SA about the bolt yet?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:09:26 PM EDT
I sure would NOT shoot those 180's in your M-1A!!

You'd be MUCH better shooting 150 to 165 in .308!!

Otherwise sounds like a nice rifle!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 7:34:38 PM EDT by Bklyn_Irish]
The 180 grainers were apparently a bonus...they've already been earmarked for my bolt gun.

The SA bolt was indeed recalled in 1987 (!!!!!!!) and the rifle goes to Geneseo on Monday.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:46:23 PM EDT

The 180 grainers were apparently a bonus...they've already been earmarked for my bolt gun.

The SA bolt was indeed recalled in 1987 (!!!!!!!) and the rifle goes to Geneseo on Monday.

Well that definitely makes your M1A a pre-ban. You'll get a brand new forged bolt and you'll be good to go.

Glad to hear SA is taking care of you!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:28:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ripcode:

Well that definitely makes your M1A a pre-ban. You'll get a brand new forged bolt and you'll be good to go.

Glad to hear SA is taking care of you!

They received it yesterday. Two-three weeks to get it back....grrr.

Some of the pain was taken away by yesterday's delivery of a 1903A3 from the CMP...beautiful rifle!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:50:16 PM EDT
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but. I just picked up my new M1A this afternoon at my dealer. It's a 277xx serial number, with NM sites, bedded walnut stock. I'm hoping that its got a NM bbl too! Anyway, sure as hell, the bolt markings are a match for yours! So it looks like Monday I get to call SA on the recall too. I started looking on all the forums for recall info and found your post first. Knew I was screwed right away. Then looked on Different's site and found the details and got it confirmed. Oh well, when its done it should be good to go. All I got to say is the "mouse gun" is going to the back of the cabinet, and I have a new favorite rifle (and I haven't even shot it yet!). Good luck. Greg
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:41:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By coyotewillie:
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but. I just picked up my new M1A this afternoon at my dealer. It's a 277xx serial number, with NM sites, bedded walnut stock. I'm hoping that its got a NM bbl too! Anyway, sure as hell, the bolt markings are a match for yours! So it looks like Monday I get to call SA on the recall too. I started looking on all the forums for recall info and found your post first. Knew I was screwed right away. Then looked on Different's site and found the details and got it confirmed. Oh well, when its done it should be good to go. All I got to say is the "mouse gun" is going to the back of the cabinet, and I have a new favorite rifle (and I haven't even shot it yet!). Good luck. Greg

Trust me, the mickey mouse gun will forever stay in the closet as long as you have an M1A. I havent looked back either.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:55:19 AM EDT

On the bright side, you'll get a new bolt out of this ordeal!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:45:43 AM EDT

Some of the pain was taken away by yesterday's delivery of a 1903A3 from the CMP...beautiful rifle!

shows us some pictures.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:06:10 AM EDT
Workin' on it!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:27:21 AM EDT

On the bright side, you'll get a new bolt out of this ordeal!

She's back...finally.

New (forged) bolt. #7790186- SA
F00098
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:50:22 AM EDT
Sweet!

I take it we'll be seeing a range report soon?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:55:43 AM EDT

Sweet!

I take it we'll be seeing a range report soon?

Of course...[sarcasm]provided the inferior SA bolt doesn't blow up in my face, killing everyone in a 30sf area.[sarcasm]
Top Top