Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 11:30:38 PM EDT
Was thinking about another Enfield, but the price of AIM's 24/47's and surplus 8mm ammo steered me to another Mauser.

This rifle is in excellent shape and will make a great addition alongside of my M48.  I plan to leave it as-is for a while as my M1 is ahead of it on my list of winter projects.

As it came out of the box.  The pieces of flannel, one oil soaked, came out of the ammo pouch.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
really like it. I hope to get one soon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
nice looking piece, is it matching numbered or mismatched? i was going to order from aim but was told they only had mismatched guns left so i ordered one from sog, yours definately looks better than mine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice rifle!
Thanks for the pictures since they give me some idea what to expect on Yugo 24/47 from Aimsurplus.

I'm painfully waiting for my c&R license to arrive.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
nice looking piece, is it matching numbered or mismatched? i was going to order from aim but was told they only had mismatched guns left so i ordered one from sog, yours definately looks better than mine.

Mismatched.  The receiver matches the stock, but the bolt and mag plate are different.  This may be the norm on these rifles due to the 47 rearsenal period.

Quoted:
Nice rifle!
Thanks for the pictures since they give me some idea what to expect on Yugo 24/47 from Aimsurplus.

Yea, I like to post pics just as they arrive so folks can see what is available.  This is a far cry from my first C&R was supposed to be a "good" condition M48.  What I got was a $69. "shooter" that required many hours of work before anyone would consider it a "shooter" (broken upper forearem, large chips from the rest of the stock, dark bore, broken firing pin).

The 24/47 takes it's place among the other C&R bolt guns.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mismatched.  The receiver matches the stock, but the bolt and mag plate are different.  This may be the norm on these rifles due to the 47 rearsenal period.

Quoted:
Nice rifle!

Yea, I like to post pics just as they arrive so folks can see what is available.  This is a far cry from my first C&R was supposed to be a "good" condition M48.  What I got was a $69. "shooter" that required many hours of work before anyone would consider it a "shooter" (broken upper forearem, large chips from the rest of the stock, dark bore, broken firing pin).

The 24/47 takes it's place among the other C&R bolt guns.

home.earthlink.net/~theoneandonlyhoppy/images/c&r/CRa.JPG

Good work, you ever think of going into the stock refinishing business. I dont have the touch for it.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good work, you ever think of going into the stock refinishing business. I dont have the touch for it.

I'd go broke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top