Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2009 10:08:47 PM EDT
OK, can anybody tell me when I will be able to buy the E4 stock?  I really want one of these because like most of you I have a ton of ar mags.  I understand MSAR wants to ship these on new rifles, but come on at least give me a reasonable date as to when the stocks will be available for the rest of us that have already bought rifles.  BTW, I have seen the new stocks at my gunshop, and they look awesome!
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Buddy:

We are in for a ride on this one.  Apparently the STG-556 has to have its receiver modified in order to utilize the E-4 stock.  Word has it that those of wanting an E-4 stock are not going to be able to buy one and expect to simply drop our STG innards into it.  Rather, MSAR is going to require us to ship our STGs back to them to pay for the mod and the new stock.  MSAR hasn't figgered out yet how much they are planning to charge for the service and the stock, but without doubt us STG owners will be upfront out of the money to ship them to and fro MSAR.  

This is why I started another thread asking about using Steyr stocks.  That appears to be a FAIL.  Seems like a bunch of work for a not entirely good result.

I like my rifle just fine, but I am kicking myself for not waiting to have just plain bought an E-4. This is going to get interesting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Well Lance, I am in the same boat.  When I bought mine they were saying dont worry the e-4 stock will drop right in.  Ofcourse my thinking was "sweet, I'll get my MSAR now and have two stocks two choose between".  Like you said, we are in for a ride, a ride that is gonna hit our wallet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I am betting it will be more than fair if every one will hang on and not get all twisted and bent outta shape. I mean it would be different if we didn't already own working mags...

Patience grasshopper
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 4:02:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, you're possibly the most optimistic guy I've run across in some time.  I hope you're right, but I'm fearing that you're not.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Ah, don't know about optimisum, I am just thinking that the longer and louder folks get to rush MSAR for a price the higher it will be. If folks will just be patient and let the production stuff get out the door, it will allow for a better price point on "conversions"
In my position as a sales consultant, haste + rush x's demand = much higher gross proffit for time, trouble, and effort.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#6]
All true.  I know that I did not buy the first STGs out there and in the end I paid substantially less than those that bought first.

Going into this I was expecting $225-$250 for the E-4 stock.  If MSAR keeps the stock and the mod in that price range, I'd be satisfied.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#7]
What I really want to know is:

Once the receiver is cut for the E4 stock, will the original STG-556 stock still work without mods?

If not, will they be able to simply cut the original stock for a  sqaure latch and retrofit that too?

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:34:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quick bump for an E4 stock answer...I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want one of these for my Gen I MSAR.

Any updates MSAR crew??  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top