Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 3:46:14 AM EDT
I have been spending quite a bit of time looking at some of the projects on the ww guns inc website.  While I have never been much of a camo or skulls kind of person, the Reaper Black has really caught my eye.  I think these guys do great work and would like to give them a try.  The only problem I have is I only own LaRue and Colt rifles.  I dont know how to put this without sounding like I dont trust the work of ww guns, which I do, but Im just not willing to do this to one of my LaRue's or Colts.  

So, my question is this.  If you were going to build an AR with the intention of dipping it when it was finished, with a focus on quality, while keeping it as low cost as possible, what would your build and final price (about) be?  

Reaper Black
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Palmetto State.

/thread
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry I don't have an answer for your question but that site looks great.  I am glad you introduced me to it.  Where did you find that pattern?  Is there something I am missing but I did not see very many different patterns in their gallery or can you just pick any pattern?  Wonder how durable these finishes are?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sorry I don't have an answer for your question but that site looks great.  I am glad you introduced me to it.  Where did you find that pattern?  Is there something I am missing but I did not see very many different patterns in their gallery or can you just pick any pattern?  Wonder how durable these finishes are?

On the right side of the home page under Hydro Graphics is a listing of the patterns available. Unfortunately, only a couple have big pics, as I would like to

get a better look at the Desert Digital and Woodland Digital.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont know why the mods moved this.  My question wasnt concerning the finish or changing of the finish, it was, as stated, suggesstions for a high quality, low cost Build it Yourself.  

The only reason i mentioned dipping it, was becuse thats what i intend to do once its done.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a lower cost build with the intention of getting the gun dipped afterward, I would look at PSA or Del-Ton.  You could build your own AR for about $600 and get that dipped.  That guesstimate is without optics...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You should also look at Tarjac.  That is where I am looking to send my AR when I am finished.  This will be my third AR, my first 6.8SPC,  and the first to be dipped.  It will be a whitetail gun with an eye on the impending pig invasion of NYS...I just want to make sure that I am ready when the piggies come out to play.  I will be slinging 110gr Hornady BTHP's at them if I get the chance.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#7]
These guys are legit and apply top notch finishes to rifles. Travis Haley and Chris Costa both have had rifles done by them and I have personally asked both of them how the finishes are holding up, considering they run their guns harder than anyone I know I thought if the finishes had a weakness they would bring it out. They have nothing bad to say about these finishes....

I had my rifle done by them and I can tell you first hand it is comparable to the factory finish that came on my rifle, just looks a lot sweeter.

Here is a link to my rifle.... http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_45/359236_Sig_556_swat_refinished.html

I would not/will not hesitate to send more rifles to them, I will actually be sending my SBR that I am currently build to them to have it done in the burnt bronze cerakote.

I am also having my dads XDM done in the skull cam for his birthday in Feb, I will post pictures when I get it back.

Isaac
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#8]
If you really want to dip your gun, why not do it yourself? Check this out... My Dip Kit Much cheaper than sending it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top