User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2002 8:53:16 AM EDT
EXCERPT FROM SIERRATIMES.COM

Ammo sales at the Phoenix gun show
virtually eliminated?
Sierra Times Report
Published 07. 6. 02 at 21:13 Sierra Time  

Heads up to all who support gun show freedom and gun rights everywhere.
Ammo sales at the Phoenix gun show this weekend (July 6 & 7) and at all future shows may be virtually eliminated if the Arizona State Fire Marshall Inspectors office has its way.

They have announced that only a total of 25,000 primers or loaded rounds will be allowed in the building at one time, claiming the fire code restriction on the number of primers under one roof applies. However, he is grossly mis-interpreting the regulation which specifically exempts complete, loaded ammunition from the restriction on primers. (See exemption 4 of Article 77, Section 7701 of the Uniform Fire Code)

As anyone who has attended a gun show will understand, 25,000 rounds total for a show is the same as nothing. One vendor brings several hundred thousand rounds.

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, that fire marshal IS a JERK. He really tried to screw lots of folks on that one. Not a primer or pound of powder for sale anywhere. I thought the show really kinda sucked. There seemed to lots of non shooting crap at this show.Probably the worst Crossroad show I ever saw.You could have gotten rid of most of the stuff in the main room & moved in the quality tables in .Then closed the 2 side rooms. And how about the fools running out of food by noon on Saturday !  I probably will limit my gunshows to Crossroad shows OUTSIDE like the killed December show. And then forget all the rest. The shows are charging too much to get in to look at a bunch of overpriced crap. The best thing there was the guy selling the Styer-Puch Pinzgauers. I have to get the hardtop version with the roof hatch. Ok ...sorry for all this but I had to vent as it's too hot to go shoot today.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
There was ammo for sale.  I bought 500 rnds of 40 smith.  The only difference was i had to pick it up from the trailer outside.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top