Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2003 1:56:03 PM EDT
I finally got a 50 but I have some questions.  The place where I bought my gun sold me some ammo 50rds for $50 It is a assortment of AP,APIT, API.  
The ammo looked kinda rough (dirty)  It also had what looked like green mold on it I think it is corrosion but Im not sure?  This is suppose to be mil surplus.  Will it hurt my new AR-50?  I cleaned the ammo up as best I could with a polishing cloth.  Also should I break my bolt apart and clean it with hot water or does the bad stuff (corrosion  causing stuff) not get into the bolt?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
If your not sure about the ammo, don't use it. Yes, you'll need to break your bolt apart and clean it also, better safe then sorry.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#2]
do not shoot green corroded ammo, the green corrosion can be all the way through the case causing bad bad things to happen
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top