Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 5:40:42 AM EDT
I already think that wolf makes bad ammo. I assume it is the same story with there shotgun shells?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You are teh ghey

And no Wolf shotgun shells is fine just like the rest of their ammo.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
i hate to burst a bubble,  but there ammo is the suck.
the .223 bulids up in the chamber of the AR-15 and that can be very bad.
plus ...  there ammo is the only 9mm that i have ever had trouble using in my glock. every armoror i have every talked to about either gun says to stay away from wolf. thanks anyway for the post.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually wolf slugs and buck are not russian made like the rest of their ammo.  They are made in Germany by a company called Shonebeck which I guess is a pretty highly regarded company.  I also have had no problems with the wolf that I have put through my ar.  I have not used the 9mm so I cannot comment on that.

Andy
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Blah dont let the ammo snobs sway ya..

i have shot wolf ALOT mainly through my AK, i know guys who run it through their M-16s even.. *you know someone shoots alot when they buy the cheapest ammo*

at the prices wolf USED to be it was deffently the cheapest and works just fine.. one of the only ammo companys i have ever heard of to offer a 100% statsfaction garentee on their ammo..

i just bought a few boxs of the wolf game loads for blasting i will just clean my shotgun like i always do *untel no black crap is left* and call it good..

Yes wolf is dirty but i figure espessally in 7.62x39 its no big thing.. *considering Steel Cased ammo is the only stuff that i have not had a problem with in my AK*...

give it a try and if you hate it send the unused stuff back to wolf for a full refund on it.

Jess
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I only buy Wolf ammo for my AK-47 because of the loose tolerences.  I have about 1500 rounds of it and have seen some pretty gunky primers, but it shoots fine.  It's just a bit more cleaning after the range.

My AR only takes Lake City Federal XM193 and M855
My Remington 870P MAX only gets to eat Federal Tactical
My Glock eats G.I. 9mm
My Kimber Warrior gets Federal or Magtech.

Wolf is like any ammo; it runs in some guns and stumbles in others (even across the same brand).  People who have a bad experience with it say it sucks and people who shoot it fine say it is fine.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#6]
1000 rounds+ through my RRA elite car A4, no issues

500 rounds through my Kimber Classic Custom/ USP compact .45, no issues

I'll never be an ammo snob again.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't be any dirtier than the Estate ammo I use for Skeet and sporting clays.  I have never had a problem with any Wolf ammo and their 62 grain FMJ stuff is at least as accurate as some of the more "esteemed" ammo.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
thaks for the responses.. ill probably give their slugs a try. but i have learned the hard way not to put any wolf through my AR or glock. thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#9]
i had a case of slugs and 00buck.  no problems.  heard the buck opens up fast, and the slugs drop fast.  i just used them for practice though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I havent built my AR yet but my buddy has one and has used wolf by the ton thru it with no problems. My USP and Baby Eagle both chew thru wolf like a fat kid thru candy.
Their shotgun ammo i havent tried yet but i got some sitting in my ammo box :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top