Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 6:50:55 AM EDT
I have read a number of posts in which the topics of reliability of certain weapons arise.
Typically the 1911 and the AR-15 are maligned as being on the down side of reliability.
I have owned a number of 1911's and shot thousands of rounds through them, maybe not as much as some but enough to have an opinion. And since I reload I keep track of my shooting sessions. In the years I have been I have had one, yes only one, jam from a 1911. It was a round I reloaded and after examining I noticed that the round had not been loaded properly.
I have owned both AR's and AK's. Of the three AK variants that I owned they all jammed for reasons I was not able to find. Of the three AR's I have owned one jammed and it was a faulty magazine. Out went the mag. I tested the same mag and it jammed in each gun I own.
I have spoken to two friends who are ex-military armorers and they swear by the AR's.
I'm sure that there will be plenty of input on this but I am curious as to how many have similar experience?

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a few 1911's and have never had a jam or problem with any of them. My Bushmaster AR-15 only had a problem when some pierced primer garbage got into the trigger group, a cleaning fixed it. My AK has not jammed so far, only put a couple thousand rounds through it so far. I won't own a firearm that isn't extremely reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top