Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 2:38:43 PM EDT
Still don't have my Yankee Hill 7.62QD can in yet but did get a 556 QD today at a gunshow. I had a phantom FH on and now want to install the QD. I shouldn't have to use a crush washer since the QD has holes all the way around and there is no shoulder before the threads. So do I just install the QD and call it good or shim or is there something I don't know. Right or wrong please give me some input.
Here's a few pics

The old FH

QD half way threaded on.

QD threaded all the way down but not torqued yet
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Just torque it down without a washer, or anything.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah just put it on there without any washers or anything. For my AAC M4-2K mount they included some rocksett, so maybe put a drop of that on the threads if you have it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya YHM states in their manual iirc not to use crush/lock washer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Check concentricity (you'll have to mount the can), remove the can, then use a locking agent (e.g. Rocksett, high-temp lock-Tite, etc.) on the barrel threads and torque the mount down to manual specifications.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Check thread depth before torquing, as the FH is designed to index on the shoulder, not on the muzzle.  If you're bottoming out (this happened on my barrel, for instance) then it will not be mounted properly.  YHM didn't have a stretch specification for me when I asked, but I left 0.050" of room with a spacer and everything seems to be fine.  You might not need that much at such a low torque rating...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top