Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2010 8:21:31 AM EDT
I have a friend that's in the lock and safe industry and he's alerted me that he can get safes far below cost (roughly 40% off of retail) and will sell one to me for exactly what it costs him to order it (for example, he can get a TF5517 for $371). I was previously considering the Sturdy and Summit safes. However, if AmSec is anything decent, I would be able to potentially save a lot of money going this route.

That being said, how do their safes compare? Is there a specific baseline model that one shouldn't go below? The one thing I loved about the Sturdy safes was the fire protection and 7-gauge steel construction. Does AmSec have anything that compares? Or should I stick to Sturdy and Summit?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#1]
If your friend can get you good deals and he is in the business their is now way he is a friend if he is trying to sell you a TF series, unless you said I need to spend 400.00.

If I was buying a safe it would be nothing less than the BF series in AMSEC,   The HS is a TL rated safe so its a "real" safe.  Its also expensive and very heavy for its size.

The Sturdy and Summit both use 7ga steel.  

If I could not get the HS Series I would decide between the Sturdy and the Summit.  Hope this helps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top