Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2002 11:55:06 AM EDT
Fellow Cheeseheads:

I want to thank all of you who have been writing, e-mailing, and calling Senator George regarding Senate Bill 357 (CCW). It worked. For those of you cheeseheads who don't know, Senator George is the chairman of the WI Senate Judiciary committee. He has agreed to let SB 357 come up for committee vote and will also be voting for it himself. Amazingly enough, he's a Democrat from Milwaukee. This is a major victory for concealed carry in WI.

The next obstacle is Senator Breske, also a member of the Senate Judiciary committee, who is undecided on the issue, but leaning towards voting against SB 357. We need his vote for SB 357 to go to a general Senate vote.

I just sent a thank-you to Senator George for his support and a separate letter to Senator Breske. It only takes a few minutes. If you're from WI and haven't done it yet, get off your backside and do it right now! This year's Senate session is over Thursday March 14th. Yes, in 3 days. If you're going to do anything you'd better do it NOW.

I also sent the letters that I sent to George and Breske to 5 pro-gun co-workers and 3 pro-gun friends from outside work and asked them to sign, address, and e-mail the same to George and Breske. It's all about networking. Get your friends involved. If concealed carry happened in Michigan where they have that toilet Detroit full of commie libs it can happen here in Wisconsin. If you don't want to type your own letter/message use the ones below:

for Senator George at: [email protected]

Dear Senator George:

I want to thank you for allowing a vote on SB 357 within the Senate Judiciary subcommittee.

As you know SB 357 affirms our constitutional right to bear arms for "security and defense" as outlined in Amendment 25 to the constitution of the State of Wisconsin. I hope that I, and all the law abiding citizens of Wisconsin, can count on your support of SB 357 in the upcoming subcommittee vote.

Sincerely,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

for Senator Breske at: [email protected]

Dear Senator Breske:

As you know, there is an upcoming Senate committee vote on legislation (SB 357) that would give the law abiding citizens of Wisconsin the same opportunity to exercise their constitutional right to defend themselves as is enjoyed by the citizens of 44 out of the 50 states in America.

SB 357 affirms our constitutional right to bear arms for "security and defense" as outlined in Amendment 25 to the constitution of the State of Wisconsin. I hope that I, and all the law abiding citizens of Wisconsin, can count on your support of SB357.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Update:

This is a word for word copy of a post by Dolomite over at http://Glocktalk.com  Thanks Dolomite:

"The latest from my personal hero DAVE ZIEN:

Personal Protection Act ALERT!

Final Push Is On!

5-Year Effort Comes Down to Tuesday!

We need your voice and your ears. Democrat leaders in the Senate know they will lose if the Personal Protections Act (AB 675) comes up for a fair vote Tuesday.

Everything comes down to Tuesday, March12 on the Floor of the State Senate. If we get a fair vote, the bill moves to the Governor for his signature. If they use parliamentary tricks to prevent a vote or amend the bill, we will have to start over next January.

What can you do?
1) Come to the Capitol and watch the debate from the gallery. It is a citizen's right to watch his or her legislator in action. Stop by your Senator's Office and let them know you are there...watching.

2) Listen to the Senate debate LIVE over the Internet. Find the location on Dave's web page at:
<http://www.legis.state.wi.us/senate/sen23/news/ppa1.htm> or at the official Senate "In session" site: http://insession/senate/ Call or e-mail your Senator and let them know you will listen to the debate.

3) Tell your friends to contact/listen/attend, too.

Remember to be polite but direct. Democrat Senators need to know they are responsible for the actions of their leaders and you want them to do everything in their power to advance this bill. This means not allowing the Senate to adjourn without this vote and voting to "pull" the bill out of committee for a vote. They must also oppose any amendments because they would put the bill back in the Assembly, which may not be able to take it up
before they adjourn for the year.

The Senate begins session at 10:00 a.m. Our effort probably won't come until after noon. Democratic Leader Chvala has tricks he may use to avoid a vote. He can adjourn the Senate before a pulling motion can be made or he can have Senate President Risser ignore the motion to pull the bill to the floor.

Wednesday morning you will wake up to victory or defeat. You can make the difference."

AV1611 out...

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top