Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2003 6:41:55 PM EDT
I am going to break down and buy an airgun this year. Which gun do you shoot and why should I buy it? I am limiting myself to 500$

thanks, John
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I would recommend a PCP. If you shop around you can get a new Air Arms S200 & the Pump for around your $500. If you check out the 4sale board over at American Airguns you can get a used FX Timberwolf or AA S400 + pump for just a little more than $500. 2nd option is a Spring piston. I do not like these because they are very hold sensitive and are hard on scopes.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I own an RWS and love it.  However, if I had $500 to spend on an air rifle, I'd go with a Beeman.  Beautiful rifle.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a Gamo Hunter 440. I have since taken the scope off. Its was cheap BSA and it broke after a year or two. Its a nice rifle though. I think Airguns are alot of fun. They are pretty good training tools too. I have done alot of business with this company they are very good.

www.airgunsusa.com/
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I also bought a Gamo Hunter 440 and love shooting it.  Solid wood stock, 1000 fps, quality construction and very accurate.  They sure didn't build them like this when I was a kid!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top