Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:40:34 PM EDT
We've all seen the posts - why don't my after market magazines a) feed b) eject, c) last like the good old fashioned 10 round rotary.

I feel your pain, brother.

Recently purchased an adapter which will allow you to connect stock 10 round, rotary magazines together, there by doubling / quadrupleing the capapcity.

Front:

Back:

Fit is tight - very tight.  I had to put the quad-holder in the freezer for 30 min to shrink it enough to fit.  The manufacturer recommends using Super Glue to make them stick, but I can't pull them apart, so guess I'll wait for them to release.

I'll post a range report later this week, but I'm excited about having 20 or 40 rounds, without digging in my pocket.

The Dual-Clip holder was $4.95 and the Quad-Clip holder was $9.95.  $6.00 shipping for both items.

Purchased from Val Cooper at E&L Manufacturing.
Email - [email protected]

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes i agree these things kick ass... but lets brake down the cost a bit... for the 40.
Stock 10rd mag 12-13
adapter 10

so thats around 60 dollers for 40rds that you still have to reload... how much are thouse new all metal adjustable untel it works right mags? 80 or so?

great idea seen them used.. still want a 100rd drum that will work like the factory...

but this market wont be filled by anyone anytime soon..

Jess
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had great luck with the butler creek 25 round mags.   As long as the 10/22 is clean they work just fine.   The ramline 50 shot mags on the other hand are pure crap.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes i agree these things kick ass... but lets brake down the cost a bit... for the 40.
Stock 10rd mag 12-13
adapter 10

so thats around 60 dollers for 40rds that you still have to reload... how much are thouse new all metal adjustable untel it works right mags? 80 or so?

great idea seen them used.. still want a 100rd drum that will work like the factory...

but this market wont be filled by anyone anytime soon..

Jess

That's true - you do have to factor the cost of the stock mags.
12+12+5=$29 for 20 rounds.
12+12+12+12+10=$58 for 40 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The biggest problem with aftermarket mag reliability IMO, is that they get full of crude and unburnt powder residue.  I have a bunch of Eagle 10 round mags that stick together and have a little door on the bottom so you can clean them out.   I bought a 10-pack of them for $30 plus shipping from CDNN last year.  I kind of like them because the stick out the bottom of the receiver and are easy to pull out.  For hunting I would use a factory mag, for plinking the Eagles are fine.

FYI-I just noticed that CDNN has 30 round Eagle mags for $9.99 buy one  get one 10 rounder free. (either smoke or orange color) CDNN has a flat rate shipping of $9.99 so you would have to add that to the cost.  At that price you could get 2 mags for $20 or 4 mags for $30, or 6 mags for $40, 8 for $50.  etc.  I have no idea how reliable these would be.

I also have a couple steel lip Butler Creek mags that work well.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
$30 for 10 !?!?

Good Karma!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought 20 or 30 of the 30rnd Eagles, they work pretty good, I think maybe 2 of them seemed to jam a lot, but remember, I loaded all of them (plus all the free 10 rounders CDNN gave me, plus all my factory 10s) put them in a back back and proceeded to do mag dump upon mag dump, yes the barrel was very hot and by the end the action was quite dirty, I figure I fired well in ecess of 1,000 rounds in about 30 minutes. So any malfunctions could be related to the filth and lack of lube.

E&L, they're in Riddle, right? Do they have a store front or what?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
E&L, they're in Riddle, right? Do they have a store front or what?

Don't know - I used thier web site.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#9]
In my young days I would use some shims and tape two ten rounders together.  That being said I think the BC mags work fine.  I have never had the ones with the steel lips but they look almost bullet proof.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Butler Creek mags have been running fine in my 10/22 for 12 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top