Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 11:46:06 AM EDT
I have a friend who just found a new hobby.  I personally know nothing, but I know there must be some good opinions here.  Price range between $1500 and $3000.  He is a beginner, but is eager and likes to do things "right" the first time.  Any suggestions within that range and reasons why would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2003 4:25:17 PM EDT by slidestop]
Give this place a look over. Shotgunworld You'll get all your questions answered there.  Good luck
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:01:20 PM EDT
Find a good instructor and take some lessons so he doesn't pick up bad habbits. Also unless he's SURE all he wants to do is shoot trap I'd advise getting a skeet or sporting style shotgun because trap guns are specialized - they are set up on purpose to shoot high because trap targets are rising.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:16:58 PM EDT
I've shot trap for the last three years and have faired pretty well.  I started with a IGA Stoeger Condor II O/U 12 ga.  Its was okay but as you can see in the Stoeger post I was not happy with its reliability, although i did shoot it well.  For that price range...I've found that the Browning BT-99 or Citori are good choices.  On the higher end of the price range Beretta shotguns are very nice too.  Its all personal preference.  Best advice i can give you is don't buy till you try.  Go to a local sportsmans and ask if you can try some peoples shotguns.  Chances are there will be many people who will let you try theirs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:26:00 AM EDT
I agree he shoud shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays before he buy a specialized trap gun. He should make sure that he like the game. MIKE.
Top Top