Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 4:12:27 PM EDT
Purchased the Bushnell Trophy scope for a shotgun, tried it out today and not pleased with the accuracy.

I can do better without out.

I shot it today @ 100 feet and received a grouping of 8 inches or so using slugs and a Mossberg 590 shotgun.

Since there is no rifling i am not expecting pinpoint accuracy but I can shot any rifle better with iron sights than this shotgun with the scope.

So, what do you get shooting slugs with a dot scope from a bench rest @ 100 feet (not 100 yards)

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I had my 870 marine magnum set up as my slug gun and at 100 yds w/ brenekke slugs i could put them all in a paper plate. That was with a simmons red dot.

im not sure about 100 ft but u should be grouping them all in a cd sized group
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top