Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 3:39:18 AM EDT
I posted this in the Shotgun forum with no responses so thought I'd try it here

My neighbor has a shotgun ,that belonged to his dad ,that needs some work. So naturally he brought it to the "gun guy".
I did a google search, hoping to find an exploded view, or some info on it and didn't come up with anything. I was hoping someone here might have some info.

It's 12 ga. SxS
The only markings on it are:
On the bottom of both barrels W&R
On top of the right barrel Special Smokeless Steel
"Inside" the frame PAT'D FEB7-1911 and a serial #

That's all the markings I can see. This thing has been in a closet for years and needs a good cleaning too.

EDIT After a little cleaning the side of the frame has keystone arms co.

Any and all info would greatly apprieciated.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
What I was able to find:

"The Keystone Arms Company shotguns were made by the W.H. Davenport Arms Company or by the Hunter Arms Company both for the E.K. Tryon Jr. & Co. in Philadelphia Pa. The E.K. Tryon Jr. & Co. was in business as such from 1868 to 1905. Retail value up to $400.00 depending on condition."

But your PAT'D FEB7-1911 date throws cold water on that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Before you go to the trouble of finding/making parts, make sure that it's worth fixing back up.  If the shotgun has Damascus barrels, it destined to be a wall hanger at best, and maybe the reason that it was not repaired a long time ago.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Hunter Arms, 1891-1945. Formed to make guns for the L.C. Smith Company for shotguns.
(Blue Book)

Blue Book gives no listing for Davenport or Tyron companies??????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top