Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/19/2006 4:40:58 PM EST
I am looding at chest rigs, etc. This will be 99% for the range. The other 1% reserved for the possibility of taking some sort of training classes. (and possibly for home defense )Two major priorities for me are size (im only 5'8" 140 lbs), and cost. I have narrowed my choices down to the following:

I like this rig because of the internal mag pouches and its small size. However, I have read that it tends to sag in the front with loaded mags, and no plates (which I cannot afford, nor do I really need at this point) I also do not really want to depend on having a full hydration carrier in the bag to combat the sag. I also do not like mag pouches being non-partitioned doubles.

Eagle PC
From what I have read, this is a good piece of gear. However, the price is a little higher, and I would be forced to purchase all my magazine pouches. Would this carrier tighten up on me without plates? Does it tend to sag in the front like I have read the Wee does?

USGI SDS Fighting Load Carrier
The final option I am considering is the standard FLC. I know this one will tighten up to fit me. It is also only about 60 dollars brand new. Once again, I have to buy all my mag pouches.

On the last two choices, I will likely run 2 or 3 magazine "shingles" on each side. Directly behind one will be a med kit, and behind the other a general purpose pouch. Pistol mag pouches and a dump bag will be attached to the shingle on my left. The room that is left in the back will remain clear for now.

Comments, suggestions, concerns?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:56:18 PM EST
This one is very similar to the USGI Fighting load carrier.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:11:19 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:16:58 PM EST
In a few years (when I am rich) I might want to take some training classes. From what I understand, some of these classes require plates. Other than that, I don't need them (or want to carry them around). I imagine by the time I can afford, and would possibly need plates, I will be able to afford a nice carrier. Are there other advantages to the Wee or Eagle PC besides the ability to carry plates?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:06:11 PM EST
Top Top