Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/7/2006 12:26:46 PM EDT
I took Thursday off and went to my local range with

and some Fred's AQT targets , as well as the better part of a battle pack of South African ammo. Perfect day and no one else around.

The first thing I did was put up one of the AQT targets (they are 1/4 size so you put them up at 25m) and shot 50 rounds standing. Didn't have to touch the front sight. Murdered that little man.

Next I zeroed the IOR and shot a Shoot and See someone had left at 100 yards. The glass is REALLY bright. I had some old Swift binoculars and it's like night and day. I never got better than 2 moa with the S African sitting from a rest, although I didn't shoot more than 6 or 8 rounds. One thing I don't particularly like about the IOR is that there are no "clicks" when you adjust windage and elevation. Takes a little more tweaking. IIRC they are changing this.

Lastly, I shot a few rounds at one of the AQT targets at 100 yards, again sitting at a bench, using the iron sights (I have the scope set up on YHM risers so I can use the FAL sights without removing the scope). These hit 6-8 inches to the left and about the same high. I'm wondering- would shooting with the hand guards sitting on a bench rest shift the POI that much? I've heard shooting from a bipod can.

All in all a great day. I've got to get off my keester, finish my taxes and get back soon. And depending on how big a check I have to write to Uncle, lay in some more .308.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:26:00 PM EDT
Very nice!

How did you mount the scope? I mean which mount did you use? The DSA? Or another?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:11:29 AM EDT
I mounted these YHM risers

on the DSA Extreme duty Scope Mount. I'm using the IOR QD rings.

You can sight down the top of the rail through the cutout in the risers and use the FAL sights without removing the scope. Pretty handy out to 100 yards at least to check out the hits on your target without a spotting scope! I'm considering a club about 30 miles away with a 200 yard range. I'd have to spring for a scope at that point.
Top Top