Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2002 10:39:15 AM EDT
A freind of mine is selling all of his guns.  I can't believe it.  He has allready sold his post-ban Bushy & SAR-1 plus has his Sig 228 with a laser aim grip and a 1991A1 stainless on Gunbroker.com.  The SAR had a nice Global Trades stock and a refinish on it.  He sold the 20" Bushy for $675 which ain't bad, but he threw in the ten thirty rounders for free.  He will also be selling a couple of deer rifles, his new CTME (sp), Glock 27, and Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag in stainless.  I think the only thing he is going to keep is a Colt stainless 380 Pony.  I like the guy, but I just can't understand this behaivior.  He is taking a loss on all of these guns.  I think one day in the near future he will wake up feeling very regretful about doing this.  Oh well, I guess I just lost a shooting buddy, but that's why I have more than one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Did he get hit in the head or what, I'd sell the wife first!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
He said he was going to use the cash to start a college fund for his kids which are ages 8 & 10 I believe.  I told him that the guns may be worth alot more after 2004 elections, maybe even this year because you never know what will happen, and that he should wait and se before selling.  He didn't listen.  It ain't like either of the kids are going of to school in the next four years.  Oh well, it looks like it's a done deal.  I think his 228 with the laser aim grip is up to $490 on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
What's his gunbroker username?  I can't find any stuff matching what you said on gunbroker.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Hello,

uncleSAM
do your friend a favor and post his Goods here first before Gunbroker , i would like to know what hunting rifles he has up for sale ??

TS2
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I just paid for the #1 daughter's roon and board by sellin a pre-banAK.

Sheesh,  selling "STUFF" is a Silly move in this mkt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Must be something going around.  

I just got a call yesterday from a friend that asks me if I want to buy all his ammo.  THEN he tells me he just sold all his guns...  WTF?  

I have to go check out the ammo today.  I will post what I don't buy and if anyone wants it I can go pick it up from him and deliver to you.

I am in the middle of moving and internet access will be limited, so don't get anxious if I don't get back to you right away.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Poor guy,Of all the ones to keep,The pony .380 was a crummy choice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah why did he keep the 380 should have at least kept a bigger gun to protect himself with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 1:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I just got a call yesterday from a friend that asks me if I want to buy all his ammo.  THEN he tells me he just sold all his guns...  WTF?  

I have to go check out the ammo today.  I will post what I don't buy and if anyone wants it I can go pick it up from him and deliver to you.

I am in the middle of moving and internet access will be limited, so don't get anxious if I don't get back to you right away.

Some of the reasons people buy guns have come and gone(Y2K 9/11) they just don't feel that there is a need for these guns anymore!   They don't remember that the need to be ready is a life time commitment!

So its not anything more than a guy working too many hours to ever get to the range anymore,and nothing has happened that he needed his 800.00 AR for.

And the son needs braces and his wife tells him put that M1A on his mouth that will straighten his teeth!   So he justify buckles and sells his collection for monies that can be spent for the family!

I've sold guns to buy air compressors and nail guns that I have and are still using to make money!   But still have the sense that there are many guns I have that cannot be replaced at any cost,those I keep.

So your friend(if he is a real close friend)may choose to sell you some of his collection.

I say real close(drink out of the same cow track) friend as he may never get the monies to buy it back!   And then will hate you for having that which he can never have again!

Like Muddy Waters told Jimi Hendrix when he asked him how do you do this?  Muddy said pay attention sucker I don't care what you steal,but I ain't giving nothing up!

That's real friends,you are paying me top dollar for it and I will pay you top dollar back for it!

So yes I can see why peoples minds change as to what is not important now!  So if your friend sells you something give him top dollar for it,you would expect none the less from him!

And if its a done deal then its not to be bought back!   So tell your friend to go to the
Equip exchange and try to sell his stuff here!

Bob  

Link Posted: 9/15/2002 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree the pony was a terrible choice as a keeper.  I really don't know what came over my bud.  He is a member of this site and I hope he logs on and reads this thread.  Maybe he would see the error of his ways.  I can't really purchase anything from him without selling something of mine.  My wife told me she is pregnant, so that is the end of my gun buying for a while.  Oh yeah, it may not be Gunbroker that he is using, I wan't listening very closely at that point of the story.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 1:05:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd make my kids go get a damn job!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of the reasons people buy guns have come and gone(Y2K 9/11) they just don't feel that there is a need for these guns anymore!   They don't remember that the need to be ready is a life time commitment!

So its not anything more than a guy working too many hours to ever get to the range anymore,and nothing has happened that he needed his 800.00 AR for.

And the son needs braces and his wife tells him put that M1A on his mouth that will straighten his teeth!   So he justify buckles and sells his collection for monies that can be spent for the family!

I've sold guns to buy air compressors and nail guns that I have and are still using to make money!   But still have the sense that there are many guns I have that cannot be replaced at any cost,those I keep.

So your friend(if he is a real close friend)may choose to sell you some of his collection.

I say real close(drink out of the same cow track) friend as he may never get the monies to buy it back!   And then will hate you for having that which he can never have again!

Like Muddy Waters told Jimi Hendrix when he asked him how do you do this?  Muddy said pay attention sucker I don't care what you steal,but I ain't giving nothing up!

That's real friends,you are paying me top dollar for it and I will pay you top dollar back for it!

So yes I can see why peoples minds change as to what is not important now!  So if your friend sells you something give him top dollar for it,you would expect none the less from him!

And if its a done deal then its not to be bought back!   So tell your friend to go to the
Equip exchange and try to sell his stuff here!

Bob  

Actually, he didn't call me till the guns were gone!  That's OK really, since I can't afford it right now anyway.

When my roommate went over there he just loaded all the ammo in her car.  Looks like about:

500 rds. PMP .223
100 rds Wolf .223
400 rds Russian soft point soft tip lacquer coated crap - OAL may be too long for the AR.
60 rds Remington .338 winmag
20 rds Rem 45-70
40 rds Win. 44 mag
800? rds cci blazer .22

He threw a hard case, a cheapo assualt case, and two Crossman bb guns in with it.  It was also packed in 7 ammo cans - 1 with a broken hinge.

I'll probably try to sell the .338 and .44 mag and 45-70.  I will try the Wolf, but that other russian stuff I don't think I want to shoot through my guns.

In response to your post, I have only one friend that I have traded/bought guns back and forth with any frequency.  We both go a little under top dollar and it's all good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top