Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 7:37:53 PM EDT
well its been along time since I have seen one of these "evil killing machines" in the gunstores in CA I walked towards the door and look towards the case and say "what the heck" I rush over to the case and see a bunch of fine used pistols and this AK for $350 then I see a sign saying, out of state sales only, NO CALIFORNIA SALES in this case.  That is just wrong to tease me like that, the worst was that they had a few 22 revolvers for cheap this is really what I want but due to the california safety test you cannot buy a gun unless it passes the test so used pistols can't be sold by dealers. basically a way to screw over gun owners because almost all of the guns that were involved passed, except old guns or models that aren't currently made.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
well its been along time since I have seen one of these "evil killing machines" in the gunstores in CA I walked towards the door and look towards the case and say "what the heck" I rush over to the case and see a bunch of fine used pistols and this AK for $350 then I see a sign saying, out of state sales only, NO CALIFORNIA SALES in this case.  That is just wrong to tease me like that, the worst was that they had a few 22 revolvers for cheap this is really what I want but due to the california safety test you cannot buy a gun unless it passes the test so used pistols can't be sold by dealers. basically a way to screw over gun owners because almost all of the guns that were involved passed, except old guns or models that aren't currently made.

Were these pistols on consignment or the dealers?

Most of the dealers here in the L.A. area (I'm not sure about Martin B. Redding though) got rid of their older guns prior to the law taking effect. I would ask if you don't know for sure.

If they are on consignment, you can still buy them since their being sold by a private party. The only requirement is that the dealer does the paperwork (DROS).
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I lived in California for 30 years, but enough was enough. You should see the stuff we get here...

Yup, I hunt in Arizona once, sometimes twice a year. Every time I'm in Yuma I stop in Sprague's to look at the neat toys.

1911greg, I've seen alot of stuff in CA gun stores that can't be sold in CA. Alot of dealers are online now and they just sell their stuff out of state. Sucks don't it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Mister hemi has a point..

You can still get those .22 plinker revolvers if they're private party owned...

I'm VERy sure they'res a lot lying around in Kaliban that people would like to sell off for a quick buck...just look on gunsamerica.com or something like that.

I bought a harrington and richardson mod922 a while back..

its cheapo beat up revolver..but hey it came with a holster..
all for 120

Great for can shooting if ur too lazy to go to the range.

Needed a little work though, the cylinder was kinda grinded up from too much dry firing..
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#5]
waaah waaah waaah!

The snivelings in this thread bring a smile to my face.

Oh yeah, I really enjoy squandering your tax dollars too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#6]
move to aghanistan and you can buy one for a camel and a turban
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, but then you couldn't bring it back. :D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top