Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2002 7:36:51 PM EDT
         A.S.P.I. Urban Tactical Vest

Just to set this up I have worn a gun everywhere I have been allowed and some places I haven’t for the last 11 years, every single day. Much of that time it has been concealed. Even though I am a Cop I am off-duty more than on. The eternal question has been how do I wear and conceal a gun big enough to fight with?

I don’t think anyone will argue the best place to wear a defensive tool is on or near the waist. Many others and I believe the belt line is superior for weapons placement. It is my opinion that anything other than a strong side belt holster for firearms is less than optimum.

It doesn’t take long to figure out it is hard, hot, and mostly uncomfortable using anything besides a quality concealment vest. That brings us to the reason of this article….

I got a “Urban Tactical Vest” from A.S.P.I. last fall and have been wearing it ever since. The first thing I noticed is how nice it looks. I ordered mine in the O.D. green they offered. It has a nice aged or washed look to it. It is much more pleasing to the eye than brand new O.D. green.

It is very comfortable too. I have worn it all over the U.S. and in Europe. I found it especially nice during travel with its abundance of pockets. Plenty of room for everything like passport, Surefire, camera, film, reading material, and inside pockets that are big enough to hold airline tickets. The zippers are very quiet (yes that is important) and the material doesn’t make any noise as you walk or run.

I have worn it during training in humid Southern states, windy Western states, cold Northern states, and in four countries. It has a vented back to increase ventilation. It has been comfortable everywhere I have used it. The 100% cotton it is made from is tough but easy of your skin. Most vests rub your neck raw. This one, thankfully, does not.

I have been wearing some type of vest the last 11 years. I have vests from manufacturers that make them for carrying guns and I have some from the clearance rack at the mall. The one I got from A.S.P.I. Tactical is the nicest one I have ever worn and at $49.95 it is not even close to being the most expensive. They come in a variety of sizes from medium to double extra large. (All vests seem to run one size large. So it is my opinion you should order one size smaller than you usually would.) They also come in several colors like tan, black, O.D. green, and charcoal.

No doubt about it. The A.S.P.I. Urban Tactical Vest is the nicest one of its kind to be had anywhere at any price.

www.aspitactical.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top